• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modest But Tasteful

Great collection CarGuy, a collector after my own heart. I notice you've really focused on the 'original four' X Metals, only one X Squared and no Romeo II, Half X or Penny. I'm the same, I feel the original four have a great connection with the design and interchangeable arms, and the rest of the X Metals feel like a different line.

Great collection CarGuy, a collector after my own heart. I notice you've really focused on the 'original four' X Metals, only one X Squared and no Romeo II, Half X or Penny. I'm the same, I feel the original four have a great connection with the design and interchangeable arms, and the rest of the X Metals feel like a different line.

FXD, you are spot on. Frankly the XS I picked up on a lark because it was a Ducati, the price was right and I wanted to experiment. But the XS, R2, .5X, and .01 just don't do it for me. In the interest of full disclosure I did today send a pair of Pennys to Australia for tune-up. But aside from a pair of Half Jackets that I wear for softball, I don't have any plastic or O-Matter.

I'm old school and products of my generation believe that stuff made of metal is built to last. Especially the R1, man they made those TOO good. No flex coupler, just change lenses and plod through another decade! I fully understand why they pulled as many as possible back with warranty "upgrades".

Nice collection! Are those Mag M Frames in the last pic?

Thanks and yes they are. I made a small exception for the Mag M and Switch. The Mag M is to me the essence of what made Oakley famous- metallurgy and lens design. Unless you want to rock a pair of BMX grips!

this is EXACTLY the kind of collection i would assemble if I had the resources... congrats!

Back