• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modest oakley x-metal/titanium collection value?

Golfobsessed

Oakley Enthusiast
I have been collecting oakley x-metal/titanium sunglasses for a little over a year now, it's a modest collection without anything very rare or collectable, been thinking about selling the collection or piece them out, not 100% certain just yet, not sure just where to start price wise as a collection or would I be better off individually (prefer sell as collection)... reading the "value" thread here should I wait till the value comes back if it even will... just looking for a little feedback as I am new to the site and not as versed as most on here.
Collection consists of...
*Juilet #1, originally x metal (non serial) and now polished with original ice blue lenses, frame 9/10, rubber 9/10, nose bridge 10/10, lenses 8.5/10
*Juliet #2, originally x metal (non serial) and now polished with original black iridium, frame 9/10, rubber 9/10, nose bridge 10/10, lens 8.5/10
*Juliet #3, brand new never worn plasma with ice polarized... these are new never worn with box, coin etc all near perfect, never touched except for pics.
(The polished Juliets are done correctly, 6-8 hours each, completely taken apart, sanded 400/600/1500 and polished with NO flaws, pinholes etc, they are as nice as the factory polished Pennys, I know there are those of you who will criticize that I sanded/polished x-metal frames but I never cared for the dark industrial look of x-metal and love the polished and not a huge fan of hammerstems) all rubber is near perfect and very tight frames, better than new.
*Penny #1, factory polished, ice blue, frame 9/10, rubber/9/10, nose bridge 10/10, lenses 8.5/10
*penny #2, factory polished, black iridium, frame 9/10, rubber 9/10, nose bridge 8.5/10, lenses 9/10
*Titanium A-wire, titanium frame, ice blue, frame 9/10, rubber 9/10, lenses 8/10
*Badman, originally carbon black with black iridium lenses, now polished with a/m blue lenses, frame 9/10, lenses 10/10

7 sunglasses total
Lots of extra lenses and all sunglasses (except new Juliets) have the a/m lenses installed to preserve the original lenses
*Juliet a/m lenses, fire red, ice blue and NOS oakley ruby replacement lenses (fire red and ice blue installed)
*Penny a/m lenses, emerald, fire and titanium (emerald and fire installed)
*A-wire, a/m titanium, all a/m lenses are 10/10 new and all fit great
Also have 3 boxes of Juliet OEM rubber kits, x-metal vault, A-wire hard case, lots of oakley m/f bags and m/f cleaning cloths

Again looking for a little feeback on value and best time to sell
20180106_145127.jpg
20180106_145143.jpg
20180106_145204.jpg
20180106_145219.jpg
20180106_145234.jpg
20180106_145314.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice collection, you have some very nice pieces. It’s hard to say really if there is a “good” time to sell. IMO you’d end up with more money selling each piece separate or making smaller bundles. I’d probably be interested in a few things myself.

You should be able to get a good idea of value by looking at similar items listed in the exchange forum here. Given, you will see asking prices and not sold prices.. but that will get you in the ballpark. Do your homework and study the market. I’m sure others will chime in with values for your pairs.

Also, search eBay and filter “Sold” listings.

Naturally, there will be more buyers for sunglasses during the summer months. But for collectors, we are buying year-round.

Very nice collection by the way.

Thanks so much... I started with eaby and never thought I could search "sold" will do it, there is little ryme or reason on ebay, I see some people listing for $300-$400 all the way to what I think is rediculus prices when comparable sunglasses don't sell for much cheaper, not sure if they are just trying to drive up perceived value, I get it with R1s, Mars, and other collectable x-metals but not your run of the mill wearables... looks like nice condition wearables that don't need rebuild or lenses average in the $240-$260ish range... (not the A-wire and Badman) thanks again for the reply

Sweet collection,

sellIng is hard due to demand, but as a full collection it probably would go wouldn’t sell fast, most collectors are in a hunt for as specific thing, so unless it’s selling at a great price most people will pass. Individually you would probably sell faster, all depends what your selling goal is. A lot of times you put things up for sale and nobody buys, you lower your price, and keep lowering until it sells, or you just end up keeping it.

Lucky for you there are several places to list on, eBay, Let Go, Craigslist and OfferUp to name a few, once you meet the requirements here, you also can sell here. The exchange guide lines are located at the bottom of the page

Again thanks... I did the offerup thing for a day... got a $1600 offer and the Badman sunglasses, emerald a/m Penny lenses and blue & red a/m Juliet lenses were not in the post... almost pulled the trigger just wanted to get a better idea of the best way/price to sell, don't need the money so in no rush, probably end up piecing it out

New in box common releases sells for 300-400.

Loose pairs depending on condtion 200-260ish

But it will be difficult to sell here though even at that price.