• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modifying A Black Flak Jacket

pbloskas

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys!
I love my black Flak Jackets, but I'm beginning to think that all black is a little... boring? Im looking to make the glasses more interesting, maybe by buying a new lens color. I currently have the standard black. What color do yall think?
Also, the arms of my Flak Jackets are really loose now. Is there any way to bring that 'snap' they had when they were new back? Or at least tighten them? Thanks yall!

Thanks! I've been looking at either Ice iridium or Fire iridium- what's your thoughts on these lenses for a black FJ frame? I also have a rootbeer frame and I think the fire lenses would look cool in them too.

Also, the arms of my Flak Jackets are really loose now. Is there any way to bring that 'snap' they had when they were new back? Or at least tighten them? Thanks yall!
I'm really hoping to get some replies regarding this aspect of your post. I know you can remove the ear stems from the frame entirely (easiest way to replace the small temple piece of O material), so I'm a little surprised that Oakley doesn't sell complete replacement ear pieces (not just the ear socks and temple rubber).

Yes, but the OP was asking about the entire ear stem where it hinge-connects to the front of the frames, I believe.

Yes, but the OP was asking about the entire ear stem where it hinge-connects to the front of the frames, I believe.

That's not part of the rubber pieces though.

If you want a cheap fix, I'm guessing that the nubs on your stems are worn down. Get some plastic glue and put a small dab and let it dry overnight. You're basically replacing the plastic that has worn away.

That's not part of the rubber pieces though.

If you want a cheap fix, I'm guessing that the nubs on your stems are worn down. Get some plastic glue and put a small dab and let it dry overnight. You're basically replacing the plastic that has worn away.

I have the same problem with my black flak jackets, thanks for the fix advice, time to run to Home depot and get some plastic glue.

As for the OP, I have fire lenses in my black flaks. It makes for a great pair of glasses for football games because the fire and black are close to the black and gold of Mizzou's colors. I like the way it looks. I've had + red, ice, and gold irid in the same frames also, all of them look good.

Back