• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moment Of Truth: Real Or Fake?

M0NTY26

Oakley Beginner
Got these SW Frogs off of Amazon and I need some pros to tell me if I was scammed. The look legit to me, but I'm not expert.

img0848q.jpg

img0850yl.jpg

Let me know if you need more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks legit to me too. I would be hesitant to order from Amazon though since 3rd party sellers also sell fakes. I got some pretty good sources (legit skate/surf shops) I get frogs from at retail which is why I told you to PM me if you wanted to order from a legit store. But those are legit 24Ks you have man.

Cool. I'll definitely get at you in the future. I had already put my order through by the time I got your message.

The main reason I went with Amazon though was bc they do have a great return policy AND I could buy them with american express, which has a no questions asked policy pretty much, so if they were fakes, I'd be fully reimbursed.

But I'll 100% hit you up in the future my man.

Good stuff dude. Yea no worries just ask us on the boards if you're looking for anything specific and we'll do our best to assist :)

As others have said, these look legit from what I can see in the photos.

As someone who has unfortunately received fake Frogskins in the past, from my experience you can normally tell by:

- The frame feels much more light weight that an normal pair of Frogskins (weight can change from model to model but fake ones feel really light)

- The paint on the raised 'Oakley' logo on the earstems is not neat and doesn't cover the whole logo (it looks like it's been painted on with a brush by hand and is not clean or professional looking)

- The SKU numbers printed on the inside of the earstems do not match the official SKU numbers for the real model and design

- The box and paperwork/warranty card they come in will have spelling mistakes on them

- Try swapping out the lenses from a real pair and see if they fit the frame you think is fake, fake frames and lenses tend to be slightly larger than the real thing and you won't be able to fit real lenses in fake frames or the fake lenses in a real frame

the one fake pair I got a few years ago literally said "Oakey" on the nose bridge...the guy really didn't even have a good lie he refunded me as soon as I sent him pic...it was also much lighter as has been stated here They were MD's Or maybe Hot Dogs is more appropriate...

Back