• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mondays are always interesting.

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
A few weeks ago I had an interview for a new job. I hate my job, well I hate the corporation that runs the schools I work for. Charter Schools suck. If you don't know why then your kid probably doesn't go to one and you should just be thankful.

So this weekend it all comes together and gets finalized. I had to negotiate a bit and agree to take out a few piercings to get them to let me not have to wear long sleeves to cover my tattoos on my arms. But it's all done and I'm set to start after the Christmas break.

This morning started like any other. I get to work, see what's wrong, see that I can't do anything about it because someone else hasn't done their part yet and return to my office to see what Robot drama is unfolding on the O forum. After a few phone calls from teachers saying the wifi still isn't working, I marched up to my boss' office. I had a few leave slips from the last few weeks for him to sign and while he was, I was telling him about the wifi. He said he didn't have time to deal with it so I said ok I can't do anything then, I'm going home and I filled out a new leave slip for today. He said that's cool and I proceeded down to my car and headed home. About half way home the HR girl calls me. I know where this is headed. So I turned around and went back. I walk in and we go to my office and she hands me a paper that says I'm being let go. No reasons, no nothing, I've never been written up, nothing in my file. I was surprised, but not very. My attitude the last few weeks has been ****ty at work for a myriad of reasons but mostly because I'm done with that place.

So here is where it gets interesting. We have sick days and vacation days in addition to our regular time off for school holidays. When someone quits or gets fired, they get a check for any unused vacation hours but not the sick hours. She tells me she is putting me on sick leave until our Christmas break starts and using my sick hours. Then leaving me on the payroll through the break and terminating me when we come back January 4th. Then I'll get a check for my vacation hours. It took a minute for me to process all that. This is exactly what I was planning but I was going to work the next 3 weeks. Now I don;t have to but I still get paid.

I have no idea what they are planning to do as I was the ONLY person in the IT dept for the entire Charter. Nobody else even knows how to create an email account, nobody else even has the admin privileges to if they knew how. Not my problem.

TL;DR I'm off the rest of the month with pay then get a fat check.

A few weeks ago I had an interview for a new job. I hate my job, well I hate the corporation that runs the schools I work for. Charter Schools suck. If you don't know why then your kid probably doesn't go to one and you should just be thankful.

So this weekend it all comes together and gets finalized. I had to negotiate a bit and agree to take out a few piercings to get them to let me not have to wear long sleeves to cover my tattoos on my arms. But it's all done and I'm set to start after the Christmas break.

This morning started like any other. I get to work, see what's wrong, see that I can't do anything about it because someone else hasn't done their part yet and return to my office to see what Robot drama is unfolding on the O forum. After a few phone calls from teachers saying the wifi still isn't working, I marched up to my boss' office. I had a few leave slips from the last few weeks for him to sign and while he was, I was telling him about the wifi. He said he didn't have time to deal with it so I said ok I can't do anything then, I'm going home and I filled out a new leave slip for today. He said that's cool and I proceeded down to my car and headed home. About half way home the HR girl calls me. I know where this is headed. So I turned around and went back. I walk in and we go to my office and she hands me a paper that says I'm being let go. No reasons, no nothing, I've never been written up, nothing in my file. I was surprised, but not very. My attitude the last few weeks has been ****ty at work for a myriad of reasons but mostly because I'm done with that place.

So here is where it gets interesting. We have sick days and vacation days in addition to our regular time off for school holidays. When someone quits or gets fired, they get a check for any unused vacation hours but not the sick hours. She tells me she is putting me on sick leave until our Christmas break starts and using my sick hours. Then leaving me on the payroll through the break and terminating me when we come back January 4th. Then I'll get a check for my vacation hours. It took a minute for me to process all that. This is exactly what I was planning but I was going to work the next 3 weeks. Now I don;t have to but I still get paid.

I have no idea what they are planning to do as I was the ONLY person in the IT dept for the entire Charter. Nobody else even knows how to create an email account, nobody else even has the admin privileges to if they knew how. Not my problem.

So it's actually a GOOD thing the way I am reading it. CONGRATS!!!!! :party:

So, you're saying they have a job opening???

HR lady did you a favor, likely she disagreed with the decision.

For the sake of morbid curiosity if it were me I'd want to know why. For about a week, maybe less depending on how stocked the liquor cabinet is.

I took a few extra days this year and I'm off from the 18th to the 4th. I plan on spending at least 7 of my 15 days off inebriated.

I'd have typed up a huge stack of paper that read, All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Then I'd walk around calling myself Mr. Torrence.

I'm curious to their reason but I pretty much know. They're tired of me calling out the vendors that their paying to do stuff for not completing jobs. It's all politics and in Louisiana it's all about who you know.

When I asked why, she said Louisiana is a right to work state and they don't have to give a reason.

The CEOs secretary is a good friend. She called me and said that since I have a contract through August, I have legal grounds to sue for the rest of my salary. She said that's why the HR girl hooked me up. Hoping I wouldn't sue. I'm not the lawsuit type but this charter does have a long history of lawsuits for wrongful termination. So after January when I get my check I may look in to that.

Back