• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog Or Monster Pup?

Stuart Whittingham

Oakley Beginner
Looking for a new pair (probably white but open to suggestions/availability) monster dog/pup. What are the differences between dog and pup and how would I know which one to go for WITHOUT trying either on?

Monster Dog is my flagship model. How big is your head? Monster Dog will fit 95% of people and monster pup say about 80% the fit is very similar except the MP is a fat free option of the monster dog and has more squared off edges. Monster dog is a more solid pair and looks better in profile than the MP but doesn't look as good front on. Also go to youtube because there are videos of a red haired man sporting both.

MD's are my favorite frame by a long shot. Never tried a Puppy but from what I gather the Pup's are overall a smaller fit with not a much wrap as the Dog's. It really depends on your head size & what you are able to wear now. I know that some of the guys on here have had both so would be able to tell you about the fit better than me. But for me its ALWAYS a Dog........................:cool:

I do have a bit of a sizeable head and might benefit from a bigger and more solid unit. Being used to Romeos I suppose anything will be less solid! Just looking for a nice pair, still have a bit of a soft spot for the white ones but not that easy to find!

I do have a bit of a sizeable head and might benefit from a bigger and more solid unit. Being used to Romeos I suppose anything will be less solid! Just looking for a nice pair, still have a bit of a soft spot for the white ones but not that easy to find!

A shop in Australia sells the MPH white/Grey on ebay for $89 AUD + shipping but if you mean pearl then yes they are hard to come by

I can wait about 1 or 2 weeks before I'm off on holiday so want to buy them and have them here a few days before. Bit confused about the whole MPH white/grey and pearl thing.

was looking for something like this: maybe with different colour icon. Found this on eBay is is Oz so might be the company you were talking about
NEW Mens Oakley Sunglasses MONSTER DOG Gloss White Grey 42-210 | eBay

Don't forget the Pit Bull too. I got the fmj with fire. They are a bigger fit than the MD but a very much under rated frame if you get the right colour combo.