• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Monster Dog, Pearl Or White

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Hmmm.. I do have now quite a few mds and the pearl is one of the few remaining frames for me to get. But I paid less than, 108 for night camo, snow camo, w40d recently and all these had bag and functional lenses. So it irks me a little. But yes.. pearl frames are hard to acquire for sure... Hmmm. I could it the p42 lens in them. Or buy new. Or swap some shallow blue pol I have to match the icons. Or even swap the icons and lens from my avatar pair to make a custom just like the one your speaking about. Hmmm. The seller has offered me a partial refund of 10...so. 98$ for a pearl frame isn't so bad. I guess.

Some people reacted to this post.
Why not try & negotiate a part refund, say £30 to help cover for new lenses?

I'd do it. Especially since it's one of the few left. That's the exact reason i paid retail for the custom pair. I have quite a few MD's and that was one colorway i wanted to add.

Here's a pic i dug up of my MD's

15236162689_8634931a6e_z.jpg

Username Hidden said:
Why not try & negotiate a part refund, say £30 to help cover for new lenses?
He had to be pushed to even offer partial refund of 10. He thinks the lens is not dmagaed to the naked eye and he's seen others on eBay sold for over a hundred which where snow camo. The lens look like this
IMAG0745.jpg

I said I'd except 15. Just becais I have some spare p42 which would go with the frame. I guess. SpliceD , that's an impressive collection of dogs. I have around 19 now. But. Over half my frames are dogs. And no cool display like you. Mine are stored in a plastic box covered in bubble wrap. I still don't have Brown fade, white. Assuming I keep the pearl.

LOL! Are you serious? Not damaged to the naked eye my ass. Those lenses are far from "excellent". In fact, they're beat to hell. Oh well, at least you said the frame is in decent shape, right?

Thanks for the compliment! I have 14 dogs. 12 are on that stand and you can see the Olive Translucent sitting below the stands on the left side. I also have a matte frame i got customized by CCL using a USC (Univ. of Southern California) theme. I've since popped Ruby lenses in there, but haven't taken updated pics. Here's pics of the frame itself:

15236602860_8427a71f71_z.jpg

15423281615_6700728342_z.jpg

BTW, sorry to hijack your "Buying" thread, but it sounds like you plan to keep the MD's?

Nah don't worry , most responses I've ever had for a wtb thread and lots of good advice and opinions from yourself and oakleysight. Yeah, the lens are terrible really. I would consider dumping them if they were mine. Strangely. The frame is 9/10. No marks on icons or arms or the parts which the frame would sit on when put on a table etc. Would say 9/10. Although , when I removed the lens it was Orange and brown with gunk, probably cigarette tar built up under the lens. I had to scrape it out a cotton but that went dark brown. Horrible. But cleaned up and alright now. I'm slowly coming around to those frames. Think I may keep with a partial refund if I can bargain 15£ of. Your dislplay is awesome. Really nice set up man. And those custom dogs and amazing. I may try and do one of my own based on my favourite rugby team. They wear black and white so it's not to ambitious. Ha. Saying all this. I recently got a bnib pair of fat cat cream with gold irodium for 58$ and I like them equally with the pearl frame. Anyway. I need a display. Or at least a bigger plastic box and some posher bubble wrap. Ha

open up a dispute with eBay or Paypal as item not a described. See what happens then. Don't give up on it, that frame is a sweet colour. I dropped some Ducati Icons & Ice lenses in mine to go Red, White & Blue.

I opened a disputeb. Immediately he said refund . Then I Saud how about partial refund .. he I wanted15. He said 10. Eventually we agreed on ten.. then he wanted me to close dispute first.. I said no way, just do the partial refund through eBay, that way neither of us can rip each other of.. he then demanded item back. No refund. Which leads me to believe he was going to not partial refund after I closed the case.. I said I may Still keep them. And he started threatening . No send them back now! Etc etc. It all for very childish, him saying it's not up to me, he has told me to send then back and I will do as he says. Me replying with, I will let you know, Let me flip a club tomorrow etc etc ..now I'm thinking, of closing case... Have a spair slate iridiym lens, swap the silver icons from my shallow blue pol pair with the blue icons. Therefore having a pearl with silver icons and slate iridium and a polished black frame with shallow blue pol and blue icon frame. Maybe that would work. I have spare lens anyway, so Sod it. Oakley sight, your valuable opinion, of buying md frames in uk. Is £67 worth sending the frame back for. Or is that price reasonable for the frame

Also the red whit and blue sounds like a classy combo.