• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog Vs Pit Bull Vs Valve

tb417

Oakley Beginner
So I called Oakley about getting new temples for my 03 Straight Jackets and was told that they are discontinued. He recommended the Valves, but I have yet to see those.

A kid I work with said he can buy Monster Dogs off of a friend's Matco truck for $100.

I've tried on the Pit Bulls and they are comfortable enough, (read, they hurt less than the others at Sunglass Hut.)

Thoughts, recommendations, advice, please help me decide.

Thank you

If you like the Straight Jacket, then you'll probably like the Valves. Also, both the Monster Dog and the Pit bulls are pretty chunky looking. The Valves are one of the most comfortable pairs I own.

Tried them all, Bulls are probably the ones i'd go for but the Matte Grey Smoke w/ BIP Valves are very nice indeed!

Thank you for the replies, looking at them online the Valves and Pit Bulls seem pretty similar.

Without seeing them side by side it looks like the Pit Bulls are just taller than the Valves?

Thanks

I have the pit bull for my large melon. I also have the valve, carbon fiber chrome, which is smaller then pit bull. The dog is slightly smaller then the bull. Good luck
So the Dogs are somewhere in between the two, but they are all pretty close?

Thank you

I found the MD's to be the best of the bunch. The bulls are too big and clunky for me but the MD's are almost perfect. I will say the bulls have better coverage on the bottom of the frame but I like the way the MD's wear more so than the bulls.

I was in the same in the same dilemma and settle for ducati monster dog. However pit bull FMJ is next on the list though:tongue:

Back