• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moon cracking?

r3dh3r0

I should Work at Oakley
I bought a pair of moon black/black. Looks like they have hairline cracks in them. Will these stay or will these crack fully? Bought them on eBay and can return them. I asked about cracks, of course they said the glasses didn't have any.

Screenshot_20191012-190818.jpg

I bought a pair of moon black/black. Looks like they have hairline cracks in them. Will these stay or will these crack fully? Bought them on eBay and can return them. I asked about cracks, of course they said the glasses didn't have any.

View attachment 664496
They will definitely get worse before they get better. Moon’s are notorious for cracking.

Save your money and buy a Mars before a Moon

They can be repaired by Bobby Catina (FB) but has to be sent to the Philippines. He apparently does amazing work on O-matter. I've got a custom from him and he fixed a cracked Mars nosebridge for me. It's like new. He also does plastic repairs.

If you got it for a good price, personally, I'd keep them and ask for a discount. When they do break (if you are careful then they may be ok for a long time), get them repaired by Bobby. There are members here that would also vouch for him. The weak link is security in postage to the Philippines. The guy himself is trustworthy.

They can be repaired by Bobby Catina (FB) but has to be sent to the Philippines. He apparently does amazing work on O-matter. I've got a custom from him and he fixed a cracked Mars nosebridge for me. It's like new. He also does plastic repairs.

If you got it for a good price, personally, I'd keep them and ask for a discount. When they do break (if you are careful then they may be ok for a long time), get them repaired by Bobby. There are members here that would also vouch for him. The weak link is security in postage to the Philippines. The guy himself is trustworthy.

Appreciate it. So he's not on here at all, have to look him up on FB? Anyone I can contact to see his work? Thanks.

Back