• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moons and what they're worth

Got to agree with everybody else on this one. Don't bother unless you're just going to stick them on a shelf...........

the design puts too much stress on the orbitals with the old O-matter. Wear them and they WILL break at some point.....it's when not if.

Last edited:
$270 is ridiculous for an unboxed example...
More like $150 and at that its a crap shoot due to the brittleness previously expressed.
Doesn't mean I don't have one, appreciate them and wear them occasionally.

$270 is ridiculous for an unboxed example...
More like $150 and at that its a crap shoot due to the brittleness previously expressed.
Doesn't mean I don't have one, appreciate them and wear them occasionally.

I also would like to place an order for Mars at that price, even if they're "wearing" grade. As long as I could fit a pair of lenses from @Chris A Hardaway, I would be happy with any pair of tight Or reasonably tight Mars. The lenses and fit around my eye socket are all that matter to me. I wish that Lux-Oakley would make a pair of Moons out of the Aluminum that they used for MadMan. I would buy 5 pair at $350 a pop so that I would never run out. COME ON LUXOTTICA! That would be a winner! Just put one of the Torx joints at the same location as the C-Clip joint that Oakley placed on their Mars. What a pair of shades that would be. Pewter and Plazma would be just right for me.. Along with Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses of course.
Now I'm REALLY dreamin'. Maybe we could do it ourselves in the good ol' USA. If only JJ would help set us up to make one model. He couldn't make them himself, but I wonder if he signed a No-Compete Clause as an advisor and not as a manufacturer.

I also would like to place an order for Mars at that price, even if they're "wearing" grade. As long as I could fit a pair of lenses from @Chris A Hardaway, I would be happy with any pair of tight Or reasonably tight Mars. The lenses and fit around my eye socket are all that matter to me. I wish that Lux-Oakley would make a pair of Moons out of the Aluminum that they used for MadMan. I would buy 5 pair at $350 a pop so that I would never run out. COME ON LUXOTTICA! That would be a winner! Just put one of the Torx joints at the same location as the C-Clip joint that Oakley placed on their Mars. What a pair of shades that would be. Pewter and Plazma would be just right for me.. Along with Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses of course.
Now I'm REALLY dreamin'. Maybe we could do it ourselves in the good ol' USA. If only JJ would help set us up to make one model. He couldn't make them himself, but I wonder if he signed a No-Compete Clause as an advisor and not as a manufacturer.
No .......compete should either be the done by now or almost done

Last edited:
Definitely no chance. Sometimes I wonder what a group who got together could actually accomplish. I think about Harley Davidson, and the guys from Gibson who got togethet and formed The Heritage Guitar Company when Gibson moved from Kalamazoo to Nashville and Memphis. The guys rolled up their sleeves and made big things happen. It's been done before, but there's a huge difference between a group of people who used to build great things together, and a group of acquaintences.
The CEO of Luxottica was on 60 Minutes last night, and he was trying to dispell any suggestion that his company owned a worldwide monopoly, and was able to fix prescription eyewear prices at least five times higher than they were before Lux bought Lenscrafters, Pearl Vision Center, and The Sunglass Hut. It was pretty intersting. He was also denying that kicking Oakley out of the lieup in Sunglass Hut was a move to reduce the value of Oakley as a corporation to give him an advantage when it was time to buy Oakley out.

Last edited:
Back