• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More Disappointment With Oakley Customer Service

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I sent my Pit Boss in for lens replacement and when they came back they had a bubble in the new lens. I called and set up to send them back for new lenses. I was offered $20 on the Oakleyvault.com. I asked instead to have the lenses they were going to replace sent back to me because the bad lens from the ones I was having replaced was opposite of the good lens with the bubble. They said they would take it into consideration. I guess that's as far as it got because when my glasses showed up today all that was in the box was the glasses and the micro bag. I am sure the other lenses ended up in the trash. Also tracking says they received them back on 5-20 and they sat in the holding or check in area until 6-11. I guess they were upset I wanted quality lenses that I paid for. Without my glasses for 7 to 8 weeks. I can't believe they would give me 35% off a pair of glasses for not having parts for discontinued models but won't give me something that is garbage to them.

Sorry just disappointed and wanted to vent.

Ouch.....that sucks......I never like dealing with customer service on anything anywhere. It seems to almost always lead to frustration. I figure maybe they feel like you would sell the lenses on Ebay or wherever.....ya know?

Either way....sorry to hear about that. :(

this is scary, customer service should be A as awesome not A as *******s, i sent my Xmetals a couple of times and they are so far perfect and satisfactory. I have another one sent two weeks ago and i havent received any info on their status...i leave the rest of the week before i will call them...i feel for you mate!

I was actually going to use them and have them cut down to fit a pair of R1's. Oh well I feel better after a long lunch. lmao.

I was actually going to use them and have them cut down to fit a pair of R1's. Oh well I feel better after a long lunch. lmao.

Exactly their reason for throwing them in the trash. You having those lenses for free eats into their revenue, however miniscule it may be. They're happier losing $6 on lenses by throwing them away than losing $100 on a sale because you have another set of lenses, that for all they know, are being resold at or close to retail.

I understand your point but my problem is they gave me 35% off a pair of $350 X-Squared and free next day delivery just because they no long sold polarized fire iridium lenses for my Juliets. That had to be $160+ when they could have just said "sorry that item is discontinued". Now they screwed up and didn't check their work and sent me some crap lens so I asked for it to be replaced, their mistake not mine, and they offered me $20 in overstock or discontinued items. And I just wanted something they were going to throw out. Maybe they are paying me back for using my 35% off on such an expensive pair of glasses!! lol.

Ah...remember the days when O customer service used to actually care, and actually resolved your problems....and even offered an apology (and sometimes a freebie or discount)? Oh well. At least they haven't outsourced customer service to India yet.

Back