• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most Beautiful Song Ever Made?

I cam across this song in a very very dorky way that I nearly hate to admit. It was an add-on pack for Minecraft for the XBOX 360. I know, I know. I swear I am not 11. This song being coupled with in game graphics of the sun setting over the Ocean while standing on things you have spent hours building is just somewhat breathtaking. I encourage you to put this on (the "homework edition') in the background as you do stuff around the house. Great song and it was composed by the award winning Jeremy Soule.

What do you think is one of the most beautiful songs ever created?

Single Song Edition:

Long edition (replays):

You might wanna narrow down the field a bit...

Are we talking strictly VG music?

Id say the Halo theme is pretty kick @$$ when its cranked to the appropriate volume ...

Personally, Skyrim tunes bug the crap out of me after 100+ hours of playing... :(

I forgot the name of it but it's a Final Fantasy X song. Nice and mellow and just a great tune. I'll try to remember.

Id say the Halo theme is pretty kick @$$ when its cranked to the appropriate volume ...
Funny you should say this, I definitely can admire that. Halo for me is a sore subject because I gave away years of my life to that game. I actually founded one of the largest online gaming communities back in the Halo days, Black Water Ops. I created a website (Black Water Ops) that is still running today, but I left many years ago. (The site is non-profit, no ads, ok to link?) I was addicted to Halo and so much so I was able to get Recon Armor back in the Halo 3 days when only Bungie employees had it. Hence why I was able to get such a strong following in the Halo Community to start BWO. Were you a big time Halo player? The series kinda died for me after Halo 3 (although I continued to play), any games thereafter just never had the Halo 3 feel again. Also, don't you feel you can only play so many years of walking and then hitting a group of 4 Grunts, 2 jackals, and a Brute? Walk 20 more feet at repeat the process... The campaign just got repetitive from game to game.

I'm going to stop now, lol. I think I have gone way off topic.

You might wanna narrow down the field a bit... Are we talking strictly VG music?
Nah, any composition is fine.

GRFMotorsports said: ↑ Someone has a lot of extra time on their hands during the snow storm today...... lol Guess there are no customers?
Lol, well to let you guys in on a little insight I only work 7 months in the Summer. I have my manager keep the store open Fri - Sun just to keep her employed and so I don't lose her but for 5 months I am off for the Winter. I either sit at home all day or go down to the store to touch some things up and prepare for next Season. I'm here at the store now but eating Chic-fil-a and watching Netflix movies, lol. S-h-h-h-h, don't tell the wife.

Were you a big time Halo player? The series kinda died for me after Halo 3

Well i played 3 a lot... but I'm awful at games in general ...still... i got it day one, had the limited console before it RROD'd (after 4 years) ...

I've played em all ... they all have their strengths and weaknesses ...

For myself, games are only fun when you have friends to play em with! So 3 was a blast! ODST had a real cool story and the firefight was very cool!
4 had a cool story also if you followed the books but multi was lacking with the spamming of armour abilities (jet pack and armour lock) and i barely finished 5's single player. I like 5's BTB with vehicles ... gives it a BF4 feel Halo style ...

/Nerd discussion

Best NON VG song out there? Too many to choose from ...

But if i had to make a top 5... Stairway would be in it!

lol, I agree. I think that's why I enjoyed 3 so much. The countless hours on end of multiplayer with friends. It seemed to go away for me after 3, not as many people looking to play. Also, the introduction of Forge in 3 was simply amazing. It was a new version of Legos and the maps people could make were awesome. Ooooh, the sweet sweet memories of wasted years.

EDIT: I agree that things like armor lock and the jet packs ruined it.

Back