• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most comfy for all day general use?

D3V1LSTH0RN

Oakley Enthusiast
So what are your most comfortable pair for all day general use, frame and lens?

Mine were the Portal X with Sapphire Prizm. I can wear them all day long...outdoors, indoors (looking like a douche to some), with an overcast, etc. Perfect weight and fit for me. I think they look a little too big for my face, but I still love them for all day use.

But the Eyejacket Redux with the black polarized Prizm have taken my #1 slot now. (I know, I've already raved about them before, but they are still soooo all-day-comfy.) I can take my granddaughter to the park, then to get ice cream, and even shopping without taking them off once.

Wondering what the experts rank as the most comfortable for general all day use.

I have several that fit the bill, Eye Jacket Redux, Mainlink, Holbrook, Frogskins, and more. Depends on what I'm doing.
True. But No absolute favorite that you find the MOST comfy for all day general use?

Like for me....Crosshair, Inmate, Probation, Scar, Blades, Plaintiff, Frogskins, Batwolf, even Juliettes are not great for me for all day. I get tired of wearing them because they get to be uncomfortable after several hours of wearing them, or I just can't forget that I have them on. But Portal X, Oil Rig, Eyejacket Redux, Racing Jackets....I can literally wear all day long without realizing it. The frames/design on those are perfect for me.

Glasses are like shoes.
Each individual needs to find out what frame fits the best for each situation.
Thats the reason why collectors here have so many Oakley’s.
Hence why I also I have/had so many. They look awesome and are comfy in the store when we try them on. (Or we just want them.) But some, after a few hours of wearing them, ehhh, not so comfortable.

The question is what are your favs for all day comfort? No right or wrong answers, and it's a matter of opinion. The size/shape of each individual's head/face will determine their own preferences. I'm just asking for others' opinions. If one says Romeos or Oil Drums are the most comfy to them, I won't knock them. It just tells me that we have very different preferences. And people like TNGoldBeard has similar prefences as I do. So if he recommends a pair for their comfortability....I may try them.

True. But No absolute favorite that you find the MOST comfy for all day general use?

Like for me....Crosshair, Inmate, Probation, Scar, Blades, Plaintiff, Frogskins, Batwolf, even Juliettes are not great for me for all day. I get tired of wearing them because they get to be uncomfortable after several hours of wearing them, or I just can't forget that I have them on. But Portal X, Oil Rig, Eyejacket Redux, Racing Jackets....I can literally wear all day long without realizing it. The frames/design on those are perfect for me.
Again depends on what I’m doing though and sweating or not. All day in the heat but lounging, Frogskins. All day on the boat or physically working or something, Mainlinks.

Just wore my new Flak 2.0 XLs with Prizm Grey Polarized lenses yesterday for about 10 hours or more. No pressure on my nose which is a usual problem, no slipping, usually forgot i was looking through the lenses due to being neutral and not as dark. After a while the arms applied a slight bit of more pressure to my head than i would have liked. Otherwise these are the most comfortable i have ever worn. Looking forward to a long wear with my new Holbrook and Ti Crosshair and see how they compare.

Just wore my new Flak 2.0 XLs with Prizm Grey Polarized lenses yesterday for about 10 hours or more. No pressure on my nose which is a usual problem, no slipping, usually forgot i was looking through the lenses due to being neutral and not as dark. After a while the arms applied a slight bit of more pressure to my head than i would have liked. Otherwise these are the most comfortable i have ever worn. Looking forward to a long wear with my new Holbrook and Ti Crosshair and see how they compare.
Came here to say the same thing. Flak 2.0 are the only ones I could wear all day. They're light, stick well to my head, and are easy to forget I'm wearing.

The Radar EV has all day comfort and feels great. The Saviatar feels like you have nothing on and the nosepads are the most soft I’ve seen in a pair of Oaks. Third on the list is the Carbon Blades. Those things are wonderful to wear.

Latest Posts

Back