• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most Enjoyable Lens To Look Through

Richard Ridgway

Oakley Beginner
NJ
First of, hi everyone. I was lurking for a long time but today I was thinking about this (as I looked through my OO +Red Iridium Polarized Jupiter Squareds) - what is the lens the most enjoy looking through? I'm not talking like how it looks from the outside, strictly from your point of view.

I don't own many Oakleys, but I've tried on many sunglasses. I have to say the OO +Reds are so warm and just nice to look through. I like wearing them because as my friend said: "they make my life look better." The reds are redder, the pinks brighter, even the greens are just richer. So much so that I take them off and I kinda get sad because the real world is just so dull and boring hahaha.

This also got me thinking, are there any other lenses I need to check out that are nice to look through? I love the way the Reds feel and I heard the lighter ones like yellow or persimmon are awesome to see through so I was just curious on everyone's opinion about these. :cool-20:

Welcome! It's nice to enjoy looking at a beautiful lens, but it's great to look through comfortable lens. My favorite lenses to look through, in this order are: VR28 Black Iridium Polarized, Tungsten Iridium, OO Black Iridium, 24k Gold Iridium, Black Iridium (non polarized), Warm Grey, and Ice.

^2 on the VR28 BIP and Tungsten IP. Have VR28 in the Pit Boss and non-polarized in the Crosshair 2012 and I love it. Warm Grey is right along the same lines.

Deep Blue Angling Specific is a great lens too. The colors are real and slightly saturated so everything looks great and bright.

I love the basics of good old black iridium, and good old dark bronze. As far as other lenses I enjoy looking through, it's got to be jade iridium and +red iridium.

I'm reading about the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized. They seem awesome, I kinda feel like I maybe should've gotten them. Thing is though the brown kinda puts me off but I've heard some say it's not a problem. But I guess the grey polarized was never a problem for me. Same with the tungsten iridium. They are probably nice to look through they just seem...weird. Is it worth it to pick a pair up?

Tungsten IP, Oo + red IP, 24k ip, oo bip, jade IP, vr28 bip, bronze polarized, black iridium, etc etc etc

Grey polarized is a very underrated lens, in my opinion. Handles the glare very well, and takes the edge off a bright day without feeling like you're wearing anything.

I generally enjoy trying to get away with as little of a lens as possible, and I like wearing lenses above 15% a little more. But it doesn't work out often and I have black polarized, VR28 black polarized, and others on tap.

I'm not a big fan of the slight contrast lenses. Warm grey, OO colors, etc. Nor the slight color shift such as fire. Give me contrast from a VR, Bronze, or G base, or give me neutral.

Black iridium polarized, 24k, and + red iridium polarized are my favorites to look through. Welcome to the forum!

Latest Posts

Back