• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most iconic Oakley watch

Which Oakley watch design is the most iconic

• Total voters
It's a close call for me between the TB and the MM/Time Tank!! Both are great watches and scream iconic and Oakley innovation at its finest!!

What about the gearbox automatic with ti band? I would definitely say it's up there too. :beach:

Why?

If the gearbox were to be included as a finalist, it should be as the gearbox in general, not just the auto / bracelet; the MM had both band and bracelet versions, and the auto TB II vs. TB and auto FMJ vs. HP had noticeably different designs...

The gearbox was certainly popular, but what about it is iconic? The large face? Many brands have that. Maybe the reverse crown? Is that iconic? Does it scream Oakley?

(not trying to crap on the idea; just looking to solicit debate... :drinks:)

my vote is for the minute machine. I think for a non collector as well for a collector this model strikes as an Oakley original. The square face is iconic as it is and the most popular design in general. If I'm gonna own an Oakley watch I will go with the MM limited 150 diamond if I can afford that.

The Time Bomb by a mile (with the TB II within that mile, it's an evolution) - it has a simple elegance. For me, the rest are simply trying too hard.

And crown on the left isn't iconic to the Gearbox - the Büren/Dubois Depraz automatic chronographs (of which I have a few) was doing that in 1969. Furthermore, it had to do it because of how the chronograph module was integrated with the automatic movement, rather than any aesthetic grounds (which I suspect was behind the Gearbox design). Plus, the crown was slim enough and sunken in the case enough to be worn without digging into the wearer's wrist - the same can't always be said of the over-exaggerated crown on the Gearbox.

32Car1158CHN1FMM.jpg

Another vote for the MM from me.

As someone else stated, would have been awesome as an auto.

Well the gearbox comes in 2 bands also like the mm. Also many more color options than the mm. Don't get me wrong the mm is a nice watch but you have more options with the gear box. They even made a stealth version where they didn't with the mm. Only a quartz movement with the mm also where as their are 2 options with the gearbox. Auto and quartz like the time bomb. So in my opion it should be listed as such. Just saying:)

Back