• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most valuable X-Metals?

Lux bought Oakley in 2007. Since day one of that purchase there were rumors that x-metals would be discontinued. They didn't get discontinued until 2012. There's lots of products who's normal lifecycles aren't even four years.

Yeah, I'd have preferred Oakley remained independent, but it's just business. It's possible that x-metals would still have been discontinued by now even if the purchase by Lux had never happened; nobody can definitively say they wouldn't have. Really, all the Lux bashing around the forum is pretty juvenile.

You still have an opportunity to correct that error before it is too late! ;)

LOL- yeah I can't bring myself to pay...what are 24K Juliet's going for? $1,500 and up? When I paid retail for my pair. Never gonna happen. I love em, I don't love em that much. Same as the Tron PB when I was paying $450-$500 and they're $1,000+ I'm blessed to have the ability to pay such prices, I just have an internal self respecting limit to what I'll pay.

I guess when talking value of something that's not always considered in that sometimes the value of a more rare item can be high if a large enough- though relatively small overall- portion of the consumer cohort is willing to pay that. The rest of us stand on the sideline because we don't value said item at that price point even though we could purchase it

LOL- yeah I can't bring myself to pay...what are 24K Juliet's going for? $1,500 and up? When I paid retail for my pair. Never gonna happen. I love em, I don't love em that much. Same as the Tron PB when I was paying $450-$500 and they're $1,000+ I'm blessed to have the ability to pay such prices, I just have an internal self respecting limit to what I'll pay.

I guess when talking value of something that's not always considered in that sometimes the value of a more rare item can be high if a large enough- though relatively small overall- portion of the consumer cohort is willing to pay that. The rest of us stand on the sideline because we don't value said item at that price point even though we could purchase it
Exactly this. Can I afford 24k Juliets at $2k plus? Yes. Do I want a pair? Yes. Am I prepared to pay that mark up? Nope!

Hi i had a question what would a juliet plasma used bad glasses ,frame is Very good condition be worth ?

Frame serial nummer P000055

ID like to sell it But don't now ...

Rob from the netherlands

Back