• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moto GP Batwolf Back On The Site

i dont think its that bad. i look at it like this the standard polarized is $220 if you do a custom pair its $20 more, $240. i was originally gonna buy the black ink w/ grey polarized but polished black is just as good and i'll get a limited edition pair to add to the collection

i dont think its that bad. i look at it like this the standard polarized is $220 if you do a custom pair its $20 more, $240. i was originally gonna buy the black ink w/ grey polarized but polished black is just as good and i'll get a limited edition pair to add to the collection

I would assert $220 is unacceptable for the standard polarized....certainly for a non-iridium lens. Oil Rigs in Grey Polarized retailed at $195 (which was pushing it already) so at $220 its a 13% price jump for a model with the same amount of lens and frame material (maybe less). So while its not a huge leap from $220 set for other polarized versions, the overall pricing structure is too high IMO. Plus why are the standard polarized versions all at $220? when you buy a replacement Grey Polarized, its less than its iridium counterparts, so why are the pieces being sold at equivalent prices out the door?

In the end its a matter of if you like something and can afford to buy it...aside from the purely academic approach I have on the matter which is Oakley's ever increasing prices on what are relatively cheap to produce O-Matter frames and the same lenses with the same technology (or less-minus Hydrophobic) as in the past but which used to sell for much less

i can see your points but i can also see oakleys point of view. they have a hit with the batwolfs and if they can get away with charging a little more then more power to them. in the end its about profits for them. as far as all polarized versions being sold the same that might be a good thing because if they changed it the iridium versions would likely go up instead of the non iridium going down.

Id get them but to many other things stopping me, plus they dont fit me at all. but i'd get them for the sake that i have the moto gp fuel cell and antix, the batwolf would go perfectly with those.

Back