• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moto GP Clifden

Got 'em! Man, they're nice.
JMHoSgk.jpg
jnzutI3.jpg

The box is sleeved with this wicked white and red color scheme and this is on the front.
CrfIYlp.jpg

Some sorta MotoGP sticker on the inner box.
HLjyUrm.jpg

They came packed in this matte black vinyl clamshell case.
BxnFqkE.jpg

Nice microfiber bag decorated like the box.
y4vN3wG.jpg

Web pictures were pretty accurate. It's this bronze-ish translucent color. Fits well with the Prizm Ruby lenses.
rskkVmX.jpg

The shrouds on the sides are still removable and are matte black like most Clifden models. Nice matte red O emblem, too. Not pictured: The cable leash you get with all Clifdens to prevent them falling off your neck. I chose to take mine off.
eH3ihPH.jpg

Number on the ear stem (obviously) matches the box. So, they're legit. (Duh.)
0DFJ7yv.jpg

Try ordering again now and see if it works. It may have been a timing issue. The pair was accidentally listed Monday of last week when it was really suppose to go on sale Friday morning. Anyone who ordered before Friday morning in theory got their order cancelled. Anyone ordering after should be ok.

i’m jealous. tried to order and they sent my money back

Try ordering again now and see if it works. It may have been a timing issue. The pair was accidentally listed Monday of last week when it was really suppose to go on sale Friday morning. Anyone who ordered before Friday morning in theory got their order cancelled. Anyone ordering after should be ok.
Interesting, that’s true they’re in stock on the site again. But, they say limited without mentioning how many. I’m thinking this is a mass produced limited, not like the other Moto GP pairs

I had a similar ridiculous experience trying to order these. I spent about 9 hours on the phone with 7 different CSR's and placed 12 orders online during the course of a week. Same experiences as others here: showed stock online, ordered and then 2 hours later the orders were cancelled despite speaking with CSR's (all new and all working remotely) and verifying that there were over 120 pairs in stock. I did this all week one week and finally got an order for 2 pair to stick and received both. Near as I can tell there was a coding error for this SKU in the system that cancelled orders shortly after ordering. While there was a 300 unit run for these I should have taken into consideration that there are pieces that go to other distribution centers worldwide so maybe 50-60% remain in the US for Western Hemisphere orders, maybe 30% to the EU and maybe 10-20% to the Pacific.

That having been said, I'm kinda surprised that this frame was chosen for a MotoGp pair since they're the last pair I would use for motorsports outside snowmobiling (I have a white/Prizm pair for that). Peripheral vision is non-existent with Clifdens and you get tunnel-vision. Peripheral is important to motor racing and especially motorcycle racing. This was an uninspired release as have been most of the other 2021 MGP packaging with the exception of the Italy MGP pair that had a bigger box, cleaning solution and MGP lanyard. That was a nicely executed pair and collectors seem to agree with the Italy having the most units made at 495 units- and it quickly sold out; the France Deadbolt was 350 units and sold out also, while the cheaper plastic frames (Netherlands Portal and Germany Clifden are still available with 300 units of each made. The outlier is the first 2021 MGP release the Qatar Silas at 350 units which sold out... but also had a lower $172 price point.

IMG_20210710_134001.jpg

I had a similar ridiculous experience trying to order these. I spent about 9 hours on the phone with 7 different CSR's and placed 12 orders online during the course of a week. Same experiences as others here: showed stock online, ordered and then 2 hours later the orders were cancelled despite speaking with CSR's (all new and all working remotely) and verifying that there were over 120 pairs in stock. I did this all week one week and finally got an order for 2 pair to stick and received both. Near as I can tell there was a coding error for this SKU in the system that cancelled orders shortly after ordering. While there was a 300 unit run for these I should have taken into consideration that there are pieces that go to other distribution centers worldwide so maybe 50-60% remain in the US for Western Hemisphere orders, maybe 30% to the EU and maybe 10-20% to the Pacific.

That having been said, I'm kinda surprised that this frame was chosen for a MotoGp pair since they're the last pair I would use for motorsports outside snowmobiling (I have a white/Prizm pair for that). Peripheral vision is non-existent with Clifdens and you get tunnel-vision. Peripheral is important to motor racing and especially motorcycle racing. This was an uninspired release as have been most of the other 2021 MGP packaging with the exception of the Italy MGP pair that had a bigger box, cleaning solution and MGP lanyard. That was a nicely executed pair and collectors seem to agree with the Italy having the most units made at 495 units- and it quickly sold out; the France Deadbolt was 350 units and sold out also, while the cheaper plastic frames (Netherlands Portal and Germany Clifden are still available with 300 units of each made. The outlier is the first 2021 MGP release the Qatar Silas at 350 units which sold out... but also had a lower $172 price point.

View attachment 883630
Where did you see the 300 unit number?

Latest Posts

Back