• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MotoGP And Oakley Fans... This Is Where You Belong...

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
So how many of you guys are big GP fans like myself?

Race today was good... interesting watching Rossi finish in about the same place even with the start from pit lane for the engine violation.

Who's your favorite rider? I (like half the world) have been a huge Rossi fan since back when he was a Nastro Azzuro rider on the Honda.
I was thrilled when they finally came out with with a Rossi edition frame, even if the lenses do suck compared to how flashy Rossi is.

Also looking forward to picking up the signature Spies Batwolfs... even if I doubt I'll wear the frames that much.

Anyway... takes on the season, Oakley riders and any combination of the two.

That first crash of the race looked pretty serious.....but he walked away, which was good. I am not sure if I have a favorite rider. I do like Spies, however I think he choked a bit today. Stoner is just kicking everyone's arse.

for MOTOGP info, i love gpupdate.net, then click on the MOTOGP tab on the top of the page.

As for MOTOGP this forum itself, i love the Oakley series of frames! i don't plan on purhcasing anymore of them. Thank you 'thatoakleyguy' for creating this thread! this is going to be a great place to go and chat about the races!

I haven't really followed the series seriously like i do F1 racing, but I do enjoy reading about the races and keeping up with the pts. standings and etc. I read that Ducati is on their 4th chassis for Rossi this season, and that Ducati is going to an Aluminum chassis over their carbon chassis in hopes of helping Rossi regain some of his talent again.
Stoner has said when he was with Ducati, that he also had 4 different chassis for his bike, but not at the fast turnover rate that Rossi is having them changed currently.

Rossi i think is trying to hard to change his riding style with Ducati, and that he was sort of fading away with his skills even when he was with yamaha. Sort of sounds like some fan's think it's time for him to retire.

MOTO RACING - MOTOGP: Stoner - Something Strange At Ducati
that's the link i read it from if you are interested.

1088809_article_img_large1.jpg

That is one nice looking Honda. Casey Stoner with his Repsol Honda.

@yoshi1984
I'd wish there's more Oakley sponsored drivers in F1... still loved the days when JPM was still around. He didn't win much races... but damn, he did own the track with his flamboyance... F1 needs more characters like him.

I've heard the change from cf to aluminum chassis is supposed to help VR get some of the "feel" back that has been lost with his change to cf. We'll see though, seems since he broke his leg it's been downhill since.

Rumors are rumors but I've heard/read that VR will jump to f1 after gp. He was testing ferraris last year I do believe.

I've heard the change from cf to aluminum chassis is supposed to help VR get some of the "feel" back that has been lost with his change to cf. We'll see though, seems since he broke his leg it's been downhill since.

Rumors are rumors but I've heard/read that VR will jump to f1 after gp. He was testing ferraris last year I do believe.
I did see that VR testing a F2007 i think it was. or 2008. That'd be very very interesting...
I also read quite a few rumors about Kimi Raikkonen going to either renault or filling in for mark webber at red bull since he drives for red bull's WRC team. Now there are reports of Raikkonen meeting at Williams F1 factory, but that it wasn't for F1 related.

I need to get into F1. I used to watch it when I worked at the motorcycle dealership. It's a lot more popular globally and a hell of a lot better than NASCAR, which I despise.

Doesn't the red bull team pretty much run the show?

And to keep it on topic, I know Oakley sponsors some drivers, any signature series?

Back