• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mumbo / M Frame RX Inserts

btw73

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Denville, NJ
I keep seeing these lenses... particularly ones without correction. Is it possible to take out the inserts from the lens and put in others that add correction?

@Chris A Hardaway i keep seeing your name as resident expert on rx. Maybe you know?

Here is an example of a lens I am talking about...

https://thumb4.zeppy.io/d/l400/pict...bo-blue-iridium-heater-rare-collector-vintage
You are too late to the party on those. As far as I know OAKLEY can only Rx the newer models like Radar EV or Jawbreaker for example.
The lenses were in there so tight I wouldn't be able to take them out and install a new set. I always have wondered how OAKLEY can do it. Special tool to install perhaps?

You are too late to the party on those. As far as I know OAKLEY can only Rx the newer models like Radar EV or Jawbreaker for example.
The lenses were in there so tight I wouldn't be able to take them out and install a new set. I always have wondered how OAKLEY can do it. Special tool to install perhaps?

No RJ/Jawbones anymore? I thought they could for a time.

@Chris A Hardaway what if the lenses looked like this? Any chance you could put new ones in?

I might have a good go, and be able to install Rx in a frame/shield like that. But I'd also need a beater pair to use as a template, with the exact same shape. Plus a copy of your RX so I could calculate if it's even possible.

Back