• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Music Thread

My very first concert was Ted Nugent. 1981 in Honolulu. My friend and I were only in the 8th grade. Managed to get in with whoever would help us get in. Was a typical concert going on, with lots of alcohol, weed, fights, loud rock-n-roll. Until the Detroit City Madman jumped head first into the audience and got into a fight. He got back on stage after, picked up his guitar, and proceeded to tear into a guitar solo. It seemed the rest of the show was played at a whole different level after that. That was the first of many many concerts.

VAN HALEN. My favorite go-to band. To me, the ultimate "party" band. I was a kid listening to disco when the first Van Halen album dropped. An uncle of mine recorded the whole album on a cassette tape, and I listened to it over and over. That first album was hits from start to finish. Starts with Running With The Devil and finishes with Ice Cream Man. One of THE BEST rock and roll albums EVER. I was officially hooked on rock and roll from then on.

Then Metallica came.....But that is another story......

IMG_3739.gif

Back