• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Must Have For All Occasions?

Square Wire,, C Wire...
Square wire 2.0?I have tried the new square wire titanium but i prefer the whisker,looks more sophisticate on me..The problem is that here in Athens a few opticians shops carry non mainstream Oakley..
Many Holbrook,Two face,jupiter and few wires so my future buys will be blind...

Last edited:
The Nanowire's are very nice. If you could get your hands on the Nanowire 4.0, I think you would enjoy them. They come with the Anti-Reflective layer, which is extremely effective when driving. They are very hard to come by unfortunately these days, but are a worthwhile investment.

Here in Greece there isn't any chance to try the xmetal ..
I have tried the whisker that suits me fine so which frame of xmetal may looking for?
Thank you.
If whisker suits you well, then I would go with juliets or penny. Romeo is a big frame unless you're into big frames.

I think a black Flak Jacket might be the most versatile frame Oakley makes. Wearable for everyday use, activities or sports, and I think can work for more formal occasions such as weddings, church, outdoor parties, etc.

Between square wire 2.0 hinge vs Whisker pewter titanium which one has better frame construction?

For plastic frames, my go to is the Original canteen. For wires I have my collection of Square Wire 2.0s. For less formal occasions, the Xmetals ( depending on mood)
And VR28 BI/BIP as my best all round lens.

imo, a (new) Split Jacket would be the do-all.

Switchlock
Vented and Non-Vented lenses
Not too radical of a look
Gasket and strap compatible

Might just need longer ear stems, be a bit bigger, and add more styling, but it could do it all

Back