• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Encoder Strike

I also purchased 2 MVP Encoder Strikes. I was leaving one in the box and one to wear. When I saw @r3dh3r0 post I thought that yeah those lenses were more deep blue/purple like deep water. But what do my boxed pair looks like. I was hoping they are sapphire so I have both pairs. AND… they are. One pair looking more Deep Water and one pair more Sapphire.

The second pic includes a pair of Sutro Sapphire which still look more light blue than the MVP sapphire but I really do like these. Both lens colors have a unique look. In the right light the deep blue/purple look similar to another very old pair a have. (See last pic).

I wonder what the regular encoder sapphire lenses looks like? All the pics online look more light blue for sure.

View attachment 1050681

View attachment 1050682

View attachment 1050683
Damn, I thought I had the one off pair, but that's pretty cool. I mean might be annoying to some but now I'm debating keeping both. Originally was going to return one.

Damn, I thought I had the one off pair, but that's pretty cool. I mean might be annoying to some but now I'm debating keeping both. Originally was going to return one.
Yeah well this release messed up since most MVPs it seemed did not even get the email (including myself). So they are limited edition but not selling out and now they are out to the regular public and soon to be taken down. Numbers on these will be low. We could be the only two on the planet with both color variations of these MVPs. I think the blue/purple looks AWESOME.

IMG_6240.jpeg

Yeah well this release messed up since most MVPs it seemed did not even get the email (including myself). So they are limited edition but not selling out and now they are out to the regular public and soon to be taken down. Numbers on these will be low. We could be the only two on the planet with both color variations of these MVPs. I think the blue/purple looks AWESOME.

View attachment 1050684
Those do look sick. Sapphire from what I remember is more purple/blue on dual lens wraps and shields it's closer to deep water. Honestly I'll have to go to an Oakley store and look. I remember last time I was there the ruby on the cables looked closer to old school ruby where ruby on everything else looked super orange.

Back