• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Encoder Strike

Guess it does seem we might have some more on the way. I have received the MVP days email this time. Same as Christmas I’d guess, maybe one pair of MVP’s, but mostly days of various discounts, looks like maybe some clothing?
What did the email say exactly? I haven't got the email.

What did the email say exactly? I haven't got the email.
IMG_8527.jpeg

A bit of a review on these for any who care…
First off I think these were a bit of a “strike” out for Oakley marketing/sales. Many (including myself) did not get the MVP emails and perhaps still not getting them. These went from being only available via the MVP link to now being searchable on their site and online. Or perhaps the plan is to push these more during the upcoming MVP days.

I ordered them as my first and only pair of Encoder Strikes. I do like the sapphire lenses and unlike the website photos these have less light blue hues and more darker blue to deep purple which goes well with the color changing stems. The stems also move with light reflection from a light blue to a darker blue and deep purple. Oakley says these are “Inspired by the movement of light and how colors react to it, …features a color shifting paint treatment”. Its hard to capture in photos but they do catch the light and change quite dramatically.

The package is nice with the MVP sleeve/box, heavy microfibre bag with MVP branding and nosepiece pouch, extra nose piece and soft zip case. The lenses seem to let more light in than what I am use to which I like. Even indoors I don’t find them too dark. They say 12% light transmission but they seem lighter to me.

I’m not sure how long they will stay for sale. I would guess they will ride out the upcoming MVP week but maybe not. For the extra few dollars compared to regular Encoder Strikes for me these are the ones to own. I surprised myself and am actually going to keep these.

IMG_6170.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

I am a big fan of sapphire and ice lenses, but I think they could have done more with a gold lens for the MVP. At least if going with a blue theme do a DWP blue instead. This way it is more unique other than etching and separate it from the many other sapphire encoder pairs in current and recent offerings.

Now available in the custom shop, so you can etch your own MVP pair.
Not exactly. The custom build takes you to just the standard Encoder Switch. More money, no MVP box, bag or etching and no color shifting paint. And NOT limited edition LOL.

Back