• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Encoder Strike

Not exactly. The custom build takes you to just the standard Encoder Switch. More money, no MVP box, bag or etching and no color shifting paint. And NOT limited edition LOL.
Didn't mean it literally. ;) Besides you could probably flip your custom pair for $$ like many others do and claim it a limited release or "prototype" that's why no box or custom bag. :behindsofa:

Just got mine today MVP collection number 14..

IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1679.jpeg

Ummm so I don't have any other prizm sapphire pairs. I got two in case one was scratched and am going to return one. One looks more like deep water but the hue is rose. The other looks more like sapphire and the hue seems more bronze. Which is closer to sapphire, the right I'm assuming (non rose)?

PXL_20230426_031932681.jpgPXL_20230426_031700258.jpgPXL_20230426_031718844.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm so I don't have any other prizm sapphire pairs. I got two in case one was scratched and am going to return one. One looks more like deep water but the hue is rose. The other looks more like sapphire and the hue seems more bronze. Which is closer to sapphire?

View attachment 1050661View attachment 1050663View attachment 1050662
My sanctuary swirl Encoder lens looks very much like DWP from the outside and doesn’t look anything like sapphire or DWP looking through them. Got them directly from Oakley too.

My sanctuary swirl Encoder lens looks very much like DWP from the outside and doesn’t look anything like sapphire or DWP looking through them. Got them directly from Oakley too.
Did you keep them or exchange them?

Ummm so I don't have any other prizm sapphire pairs. I got two in case one was scratched and am going to return one. One looks more like deep water but the hue is rose. The other looks more like sapphire and the hue seems more bronze. Which is closer to sapphire, the right I'm assuming (non rose)?

View attachment 1050661View attachment 1050663View attachment 1050662

I also purchased 2 MVP Encoder Strikes. I was leaving one in the box and one to wear. When I saw @r3dh3r0 post I thought that yeah those lenses were more deep blue/purple like deep water. But what do my boxed pair looks like. I was hoping they are sapphire so I have both pairs. AND… they are. One pair looking more Deep Water and one pair more Sapphire.

The second pic includes a pair of Sutro Sapphire which still look more light blue than the MVP sapphire but I really do like these. Both lens colors have a unique look. In the right light the deep blue/purple look similar to another very old pair a have. (See last pic).

I wonder what the regular encoder sapphire lenses looks like? All the pics online look more light blue for sure.

IMG_6229.jpeg

IMG_6230.jpeg

IMG_6232.jpeg

My opinion the deep blue/purple are very unique. As much as I love the sapphire color the purple are keepers for me for sure!

Back