• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Golf Flak 2.0 XL

Just called customer service and I didn't get lucky like some of you she wanted me to send them back. But lucky in the sense that my wife got me the same pair that I am keeping.

I’m certainly glad that I was one of the seemingly lucky ones that got a good pair of lenses, but how the hell do they launch a brand new pair of exclusive glasses that are only available to Oakley MVP members (who will go through the glasses much more thoroughly than the average Sunglasses Hut customer), and not do a decent job on their QC? I mean, that’s just lame and totally unacceptable. And this isn’t a Lux problem - it’s an Oakley problem since it’s the lenses.

Just called customer service and I didn't get lucky like some of you she wanted me to send them back. But lucky in the sense that my wife got me the same pair that I am keeping.
If I’m understanding you correctly, you had two pairs of these. You didn’t happen to take a picture of them side by side before sending the defective ones back so that we can compare?

The defective pair was sent back ..,the pair my wife got me doesn’t have the cloud on the etched lens like the pair I bought. You can see from the picture a cloud in middle of lens and the top of the lens. The cloud kind of looks like a face if you look close enough.

6E2C670A-4A59-44A6-8CCD-E38E892831B5.jpeg

The defective pair was sent back ..,the pair my wife got me doesn’t have the cloud on the etched lens like the pair I bought. You can see from the picture a cloud in middle of lens and the top of the lens. The cloud kind of looks like a face if you look close enough.

View attachment 971107
So weird - mine definitely doesn’t have that kind of aberration…never seen that defect on anything else.

Back