• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MX Goggles For Skiing

Macker

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys

Hoping you guys can help, I'm wondering if I can fit some skiing suited lens's to the O Frame goggles? Any idea would help a lot, thanks

I believe the O Frame uses a lexicon lens and don't think Oakley offers replacement Ski lenses for that frame since its currently a MX specific goggle.

Using these goggles for skiing wouldn't work out well for you because they would continuously fog up due to the one lens design.

You should check out a local Vault and try and score a decent pair of A Frames for $80 or an older lexicon lens based goggle for around $40 if you're lucky.

After doing some experimenting, you can indeed interchange MX and snow O Frame lenses. Looks like the only lens on the main site is fire, but it's a pretty good all-around lens so that should work: Oakley O Frame Snow Accessory Lenses | Official Oakley Store

@Holbrook Henderson I think the word you're looking for is Lexan. Lexan sacrifices a bit of impact resistance and does have a bit of optical distortion (not to where you'd really notice, just because it is not a spherical lens shape), but it is significantly cheaper.

Back