• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My 1st Eye Jackets

350nick

Oakley Expert
Well after a 2 week wait my 1st pair of eye jackets turned up. I was expecting Cobalt with +red based on the not so great photos. They turned out to be a midnight frame but with a +red lens instead of the 24k.

I'm really pleased with them and they fit me well. I like the midnight frame and prefer the +red lens to 24k. I have some twenty's which I bought new in 99 and they are midnight/24k but always found the lens a bit too bright (from the outside) for my tastes.

Frame is spotless and lenses have some light scratches but not too bad. Will be keeping a lookout for lenses but not holding out much hope for genuine ones!

This is the 1st Oakley model I think I ever saw and what got me into Oakley and I finally got a pair, only 16years later!!!

image1_zpsc0b24dae.jpeg

image2_zpsea3305db.jpeg

image3_zpsb445edd8.jpeg

image4_zps6765e483.jpeg

Thanks, really pleased with them.

Can the icons be prised out easily for painting?

I don't think they look as dated as I expected so might wear them more than I originally planned!

Suit me much better than my twenty's which I always found too small.

They should come out easily enough, just be very careful when taking them off as the frames snap pretty easily on the eyejackets

Yep! Ideally I'd like to put some brand new +red lenses in but I think I'd be doing well to find some. May have to be custom cut, I don't really want aftermarket, would rather

use scratched Oakley lenses. The scratches are light so maybe if I figure how to buff out light scratches (if possible) I can do these.

Latest Posts

Back