• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

my beaters

zedicus

Oakley Enthusiast
the pennys i have had since new back in 02 or whatever year that was. they have been sent to oakley a few times over the years and are now a non-serial pair. in fair shape at best.

juliets with a lens delaminating and various scratches. if they had new lenses they might pass for 'good' ... maybe.

the mags in the back are destroyed, wore through the spring hinges completely and no replacements seem to be available.

theres a set of why 8.1 that are probably in the best shape. lenses are not great but not bad.

the oo are in good shape and going to get mailed to a friend as an x-mas gift in the next week or so.

theres another set of why frames off to the side, the lenses had all the corners broke off and a screw broke in the frames. i got the screw out and just need to replace the lenses some day.

i have one other pair, a-wires i think, they too are far beyond usable. my previous jobs caused some of these too be in the line of fire continually, and i ride ATV's and motorcycles and i use to free climb years ago. (dropped the pennys down a rock face and had to climb down after them once.)

who would have thought that the current bug eyed crap fest of sunglasses would be in style? back then i assumed the x-metals would be the go to glasses from oakley forever. even the mags were cool, now the only thing new i would even consider is the whiskers, but it is kind of a "why bother" thing.

IMG_20181126_214937.jpg

Back