• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My current collection - all prescription

sandman

Oakley Beginner
Georgia
View attachment 117243 View attachment 117244 View attachment 117245 View attachment 117246 View attachment 117247 View attachment 117249 View attachment 117250 View attachment 117251 View attachment 117252 View attachment 117253 View attachment 117254 View attachment 117255 View attachment 117256 View attachment 117257

Figured it's time I quit being lazy and posted my collection. After wearing prescription glasses since the late 90's I finally decided to try a pair of Oakley frames around 4-5 years ago. I went with the Twin Shock frames in black and haven't looked back on any other pair of glasses since then. Thanks to a generous HSA healthcare option I was able to add several pairs of glasses and sunglasses to my collection since then. I got two more pairs of prescription frames, the Tumbleweed in Matte Cement and the Casing in Pewter.

Now for the sunglasses. I have several pairs of the Flak Jackets and chose them for the easy versatility of being able to have different prescription lenses that I could swap out or exchange if my prescription got worse. My first pair were custom with Team Dark Green frames, Team Orange icons and black earsocks. I went with Fire Iridium XLJ lenses to complete my own personal homage to Halo and the Master Chief. I tried to get "Spartan 117" etched onto the lenses but Oakley wouldn't etch anything onto prescription lenses. The good news is that for every pair of sunglasses I got I also got to keep the standard lenses as well so I was still able to get the etched lenses.

I got a second custom pair of Flak Jackets in Black with Team Burnt Orange icons. They originally had black earsocks but I got a set of the slate to mix it up and I thought they'd look good with the Black Iridium Polarized XLJ lenses. The last Flak Jackets are the Matte Black style and I got 00 Red Iridium Polarized XLJ lenses.

Last is the Crosshair 2.0 in Cement. The lenses are just regular gray polarized. Thanks for checking out my collection.

Twin Shock front.JPG

Twin Shock side.JPG

Tumbleweed front.JPG

Tumbleweed side.JPG

Casing front.JPG

Halo Flak Jacket front.JPG

Halo Flak Jacket side.JPG

Black Flak Jacket front.JPG

Black Flak Jacket side.JPG

Matte Flak Jacket front.JPG

Matte Flak Jacket side.JPG

Crosshair 2.0 front.JPG

Crosshair 2.0 side.JPG

Spartan etched lens.JPG

Last edited:
Nortika, which prescription glasses do you have?

TheWannaBe, thanks. Those Flak Jacket frames are the most lightweight and perfectly fitting thing I've ever worn. The XLJ lenses cover every bit of peripheral vision nicely.

QUOTE="sandman, post: 438338, member: 8318"]Nortika, which prescription glasses do you have?

TheWannaBe, thanks. Those Flak Jacket frames are the most lightweight and perfectly fitting thing I've ever worn. The XLJ lenses cover every bit of peripheral vision nicely.[/QUOTE]

I have 31 thirteen and will have to give you a list when I get back to Colorado in a month, working outside Bakersfield, CA :)

Latest Posts

Back