• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Current Collection

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
It's been a while since I posted what is in my collection.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that a lot of it has changed since I posted my "first collection."

I started out in Matte Blk w/ Violet Iridium Frogskins back in '91. Then I added some Twenty XX in FMJ w/ Fire Ird, followed by Eye Jackets in Blk Gold w/ Gold Ird, and finally Matte Blk Minute w/ Blk Ird.

I happened upon this forum after I lost my Minute in 2012 and I was looking to see with what new model I should replace them. The styles had changed quite a bit. Jim Jannard was no longer at the helm after Luxxotica pushed him out. I still liked the fact that Oakleys were made in the USA and I liked my last pair until they went missing on me. I've never owned anything but Os.

I got myself a pair of the Bottle Rocket in the Metallic Black frame with the VR28 BIP and I was (still am actually) very happy with them.

Not long after getting them, the acquire more O bug bit and I picked up two different pairs of the Batwolf; One had a Granite frame with a BIP lens and the other was an OCP in a Black Ink frame, Ruby lens, with a Red anodized Icon and the Sunburst Icons that I put together at the O Store located in the Woodfield Mall.

Then I got into the Crankcase because they were discontinued and available at very reasonable prices. By purchasing multiple pairs and switching lenses and icons, I kind of got into making my own custom pairs the way I thought that they looked the best.

I moved on from the Crankcase to the 2014 Valve and new Wiretap. Other pairs moved through the collection as well. I tried out the Monster Dog, the Pit Bull, the Hijinx, the Bottle Cap, the Flak Jacket XLJ, the new Canteen, the Flak 2.0 XL, and I started to hone in on the pairs that I felt looked the best on me while being comfortable and coming in colorways that appealed to me.

Long story short (too late), my current collection is comprised of the pairs that, to me, embody the O brand, style, comfort, durability, longevity, and look that I find attractive both on me and sitting in my display case. It has been a long journey and I'm pretty comfortable where I currently find myself in regards to my O collection. I do have one project in the works for my latest acquisition and that should be it for me for a while.

Bottle Rocket: Metallic Black w/VR28BIP

001.JPG

Bottle Rocket: Polished Black w/ Jade Ird Polarized
002.JPG

Bottle Rocket: OneSight - Polished Black w/ Deep Blue Polarized
003.JPG

Bottle Rocket: Polished Black w/ BIP
004.JPG

New Wiretap: Cement w/ 00 BIP
005.JPG

New Wiretap: Carbon w/ Ice Ird
006.JPG

New Wiretap: Light w/ Emerald Ird Polarized
007.JPG

Flak 2.0 XL: SGH Exclusive - Matte Black, Chrome Ird Polarized, Chrome Icons, Slate Earsocks
008.JPG

Flak 2.0 XL: OCP - Polished Black, Sapphire Ird Polarized, Electric Blue Icons and Earsocks
009.JPG

Flak 2.0 XL: OCP - Polished Black, Fire Ird, Team Orange Icons and Orange Earsocks
010.JPG

Flak 2.0 XL: OCP - Carbon Fiber, Violet Ird Poalrized, Purple Icons, Slate Earsocks
011.JPG

New Canteen: Ferrari Scuderia - SGH Exclusive - Matte Black, Ruby Ird Polarized, Red Icons and Earsocks
012.JPG

New Canteen: SGH Exclusive - Polished Black, Chrome Ird Polarized, Chrome Icons & Black Earsocks
013.JPG

Radarlock Pitch: OCP - Carbon Fiber, Jade Ird, Polished Black Badges, Purple Icons and Earsocks
014.JPG

X-Metal XX: X-Metal w/ Black Iridium (new lenses in process - H20 Deep Prizm Polarized & RIP)
015.JPG

I still find it hilarious how you went in head first with the Crankcase and then, boom, they are all gone.

Those Flak 2s are awesome looking.

I still find it hilarious how you went in head first with the Crankcase and then, boom, they are all gone.

Those Flak 2s are awesome looking.

The Crankcase fit my face pretty well but the ear stems were uncomfortable after long periods of time.

They allowed me to customize some pairs myself and I even sent some of them out to be customized because I was stuck with a white frame and a clear frame after swapping out lenses and icons.

It was a learning experience.

The Crankcase fit my face pretty well but the ear stems were uncomfortable after long periods of time.

They allowed me to customize some pairs myself and I even sent some of them out to be customized because I was stuck with a white frame and a clear frame after swapping out lenses and icons.

It was a learning experience.
One thing about collecting Oakley, there is some kind of learning curve.

What's that saying? You live and you learn.

Back