• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My custom stuff (lens etching, 3d printing and vinyl)

Just now seen this. Very nice creations. Maybe you can print some Dirty Bird gear. ;) Some red and black creations.... I can see it now :rofl:

Sent from Q's Note5
I think if I fill in the logos these may actually look good. Although the laser will probably die if I make it do a dirty bird again.

IMG_4419.JPG

@Orion I tried for you lol. I may be able to get it to work.

IMG_4421.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome stuff. The lens etching would be awesome. Aren't you concerned about what was talked about in another thread with the etching? Flooding the market with fakes and making it hard to determine between real and fake. Or are these going to be done on pairs that weren't offered this way? Just curious.

Awesome stuff. The lens etching would be awesome. Aren't you concerned about what was talked about in another thread with the etching? Flooding the market with fakes and making it hard to determine between real and fake. Or are these going to be done on pairs that weren't offered this way? Just curious.
I've thought about it and really I'm not concerned at all. If anyone asks me to etch Polarized in anything or Prizm, or like X Metal on an R1 cut lens, or anything like that, I just won't do it. Then I'll be wary of anything that person ever has for sale lol

I have no problem etching an IH cross on a Mars lens or a Scatter Skull on whatever because oakley never did that. In those RARE cases where they did, you can still tell the difference between theirs and mine.

But yes, eventually someone is going to start etching lenses intent on deceiving people just like the guy doing serials in Brazil. All I can say is do your homework and know your O history.

And no, I can't etch on X Metal frames, I already tried. I really wanted SiRacer420 on a Juliet arm lol

I've thought about it and really I'm not concerned at all. If anyone asks me to etch Polarized in anything or Prizm, or like X Metal on an R1 cut lens, or anything like that, I just won't do it. Then I'll be wary of anything that person ever has for sale lol

I have no problem etching an IH cross on a Mars lens or a Scatter Skull on whatever because oakley never did that. In those RARE cases where they did, you can still tell the difference between theirs and mine.

But yes, eventually someone is going to start etching lenses intent on deceiving people just like the guy doing serials in Brazil. All I can say is do your homework and know your O history.

And no, I can't etch on X Metal frames, I already tried. I really wanted SiRacer420 on a Juliet arm lol

Got ya, again was just curious. I don't know much about what they have and have not etched into lenses other than what I see in pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think if I fill in the logos these may actually look good. Although the laser will probably die if I make it do a dirty bird again.

View attachment 336885

@Orion I tried for you lol. I may be able to get it to work.

View attachment 336896

Really like the Pats logo! My girlfriend would flip over the Saints logo. Once you get it all worked out I can see a few items in my future

I had a **** load of stickers to make to today for the people that are sending me lenses to test on so I went ahead and made shirt for my daughter while i was at it. Oakley doesn't make shirts for 3 year olds so daddy hooked her up.

Hard to tell in the pics but thats bubble gum pink.

IMG_4449.JPG