• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My custom stuff (lens etching, 3d printing and vinyl)

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I may as well have one place for all my custom stuff. At the moment I have 2 3d printers, a vinyl cutter, and a laser running. My wife has a small shop selling 3d printed stuff like keychains, necklaces, and pens, all personalized. She does vinyl decals and shirts other things like that. I get to use them when she doesn't have orders overflowing, which isn't as often as I'd like. Her shop is here Custom & Personalized 3D Printing, Vinyl and more! by ChalmationCreation and our website is here Chalmation Creations

Current 3D printed projects include Minute Machine watch link washers, sunglasses stands in 1, 2, 3, and 4 tier, another version of sunglasses stands like the old aluminum ones in 1 and 2 tier, several options for watch stands, Scatter Skull and X Metal keychains, gaskets for the 3.0 and 3.1 display cases, and a myriad of other Oakley related little trinkets.

Vinyl projects vary daily. I do custom vinyl so it's really just whatever. Heat transfer vinyl is also something I do for making shirts and custom microfiber bags. Don't use a microfiber bag with vinyl on it for cleaning! They're just for display!

Lens etching is very fun. Well its stressful if it's not my lens but still fun. I can etch just about anything on a lens as long as the image is good quality and the lens isn't polarized. Those make a mess of the Iridium coating. Some of them can be seen here and here.

The 2 current 3d printers. Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus with various modifications to each.

514F41F2-1937-4BBD-9572-46DED77E84A6.jpeg

These are washers for the 3.0 and 3.1 doors. Keeps the metal on metal grinding from happening.

IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3527.JPG

Washers for Minute Machine watches

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

Glow in the Dark washers made for Secret Ninja

IMG_3619.JPG

Some keychains I made. The silver X Metal one failed, had to fix it.

IMG_3881.JPG

Jupiter!

IMG_4019 2.JPG

Now etching lenses!

IMG_4405.JPG

I'll keep this thread updated with whatever else I come up with.

Thank you to @SouLFuLFrog for making this a sticky!

Last edited: