• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Dealing With The 'Oakley Gang'...

The crazy part is that you were targeted for your juliets. What's the chance of a group of x metal owners with no morals and nothing to lose coming across you alone and wearing x metals in an alley? You have horrible, horrible luck my friend. I would definitely stake that joint out and wait for the perps to return haha. I'd probably slice some tires or light up their damn car with a molatov. **** that sucks, and all due to a smoke break. What a kick in the balls..

The crazy part is that you were targeted for your juliets. What's the chance of a group of x metal owners with no morals and nothing to lose coming across you alone and wearing x metals in an alley? You have horrible, horrible luck my friend. I would definitely stake that joint out and wait for the perps to return haha. I'd probably slice some tires or light up their damn car with a molatov. **** that sucks, and all due to a smoke break. What a kick in the balls..
I know, man. I can't get over it. Until a week ago, I had forgotten that X-Metals even existed. I started shopping for new sunglasses and came across some Juliets and remembered how badly I had wanted some a decade + ago. One thing led to another, and I found a pair on CL (coin, box, receipt, and all). While shopping for some replacement lenses, I came across this forum and discovered the "X-Metal culture" that I had no idea existed. I spent all week obsessed with X-Metals - researching in the forum, learning about serial #s, looking at all the awesome custom finishes/lenses, learning how to spot fakes, and on and on. And then this. It is just mind-blowing to me that these things came into my life, consumed me, and then were stolen in this fashion all in exactly one week's time. It truly defies all reason. Hell, I haven't noticed anyone wearing a pair of X-Metals in several years, so just to suddenly have 3 pairs all in that proximity was wild enough. Just wish it could have been under more pleasant circumstances :cry:

That's a really, really tough one Ralph. You can say "its only glasses" but then you can also say that it is an address where they now know they can go and get a gun and maybe even more.

40 years ago Blue Oyster Cult sang what Patti Smith wrote: "I choose to steal what you choose to show". It's always been that way and it isn't gonna change anytime soon.

Sorry for your loss my friend.

most cases you take out one....and the rest split,its a tough call.do you kill a man for taking your stuff...I wouldn't..but in my eyes he deserves to die...plain and simple.
I completely agree. And if the situation had been hypothetical, that's exactly what I would have told you I would do - take down the Alpha and watch the rest scatter. Just not the way it played out in the moment, though. Just glad to have walked away. They'll get what is coming to 'em. Karma :spiteful:

Isn't Loganville a pretty small town with a population around 10,000? It seems like it wouldn't be a place where a car like that could easily hide. Hopefully with your police report it will be easily spotted.

Isn't Loganville a pretty small town with a population around 10,000? It seems like it wouldn't be a place where a car like that could easily hide. Hopefully with your police report it will be easily spotted.
Loganville is fairly small, but the birthday party was in the Lawrenceville/Duluth area closer to a mall and I-85. That particular part of Gwinnett County has had an ongoing gang problem for some time now, and there seems to be no shortage of thugs in souped-up Hondas and Acuras - all of this according to the officer that filled out my report...

Back