• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Experiments In Rust

A friend of mine saw what I was doing and wanted a pair of Frogs rusted, so I obliged. I didn’t use a clear on these, but used different chemicals/techniques to add a kind of multi-layer rust job to them. She almost didn’t get these back from me after I finished. Lol
RustFrogs_4_zpsda95a7ea.jpg
RustFrogs_3_zps340f174e.jpg
RustFrogs_6_zps59464488.jpg

She compared them with the Rust Decay Breadboxes. I gotta say, I like mine better!

FallOutComparison_zps34165e87.jpg

These are awesome, I reposted your friends image on here and in Instagram. They are awesome.

You got to do me a pair.

I don't know, I think you've nailed the finish on the Frogskin already. Not sure you could get that better, it looks like a lump of rusted iron - willing to be proved wrong though!

Great job , I was just this past week looking at doing something like this in some monster dogs , I found a 2 part system made for this that is a base coat and then a spray that causes oxidation in about 20 mins . I'm sure it's not nearly as good as the work you did here

Thanks!

Maybe the rims...I hate polishing aluminum!

I think I would look into some Rallye wheels for it or a modern version of it IMO. My family is a mopar farm except for my mustang but its a inexpensive fun toy. My dad's about to have his '53 Dodge pickup painted in the next week so its nearing the finishing stages.

Back