• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

So here is my revised 2nd shelf... Splice, Scar, and Plate... some of my favorite O-Matter. As I reflect on these images, I'm reminded to thank @Larry [for the "Ducati" Splice], @Lopaka KaMars [for the Persimmon Scar], @Atticus [for the Plates], and @qtrain23 [for the custom display stands].

View attachment 870799
View attachment 870800
View attachment 870801

The 5th (bottom) shelf will house my Monster Dogs, Monster Pups, and Triggermans. @zwc0442 is creating a custom Monster Dog for me, so I will post new pics of that shelf, once that masterpiece arrives.
Those frames all compliment each other quite well. Very nice.

I haven't posted in a while. I have been adding tasty X-Metals and a special custom Monster Pup (still in the works), but I am moving at the end of August or beginning of September. I was able to nab a second (matching) Mega Tower!

I just had custom LED lighting made for both cases. Both of my towers have diffuser lenses at the top, but no lighting. I have an old set of LEDs on my original tower, but I thought I could do better.

The new lighting scheme will have 4 rows of LEDs, instead of 3, and each strip has their own diffuser as well. The real improvement is in the installation. I'm going to make a wood frame that holds the LED strips about 1-1.5" away from the tower diffuser. This is create more of a "glow" effect, with less harsh LED bead look. Also, one remote will control the lighting in both cases simultaneously, which is really what I wanted. I will post pics of how the lighting set-up looks overhead, once I move and get everything set up.

As far as the towers go, they are going to get polished to a nice shine. The plexiglass walls and doors will get polished, and the shelves will be replaced with glass.

Here is at the 2nd tower I got a couple weeks ago.

oakleycase.jpg

Well it's been over 3 months since my last post. I've moved to a new house... and finally got settled enough to start working on my Mega Towers. The plexiglas in my 2nd tower needed some love, so all panels including shelves have been machine polished. They are not perfect, but came up very nice. Now I'm working on polishing the aluminum case. It's going to be more work than I anticipated. I think the main vertical rails will be mirror polished, and the rest will be a medium polish, shiny but less mirror-like. Here is a shot of my progress.

IMG_8760.jpeg
IMG_8759.jpeg

Okay OF, what do you think? Was it worth the trouble? I know my answer... NO! I know I will be happy once the second tower is finished as well... but it's a lot more work, mess, and waste than I anticipated. My bad. The plexiglas polishes up very nicely. I think I will do that for my other tower as well, even though it's pretty clear.

Now don't ask what my wife [as a dig] asked... "which one did you work on? ha ha ha... um?

IMG_8762.JPG
IMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8763.JPG
IMG_8764.JPG

Okay OF, what do you think? Was it worth the trouble? I know my answer... NO! I know I will be happy once the second tower is finished as well... but it's a lot more work, mess, and waste than I anticipated. My bad. The plexiglas polishes up very nicely. I think I will do that for my other tower as well, even though it's pretty clear.

Now don't ask what my wife [as a dig] asked... "which one did you work on? ha ha ha... um?

View attachment 917027View attachment 917026View attachment 917028View attachment 917029
Your hard work paid off! Congrats

View attachment 917027View attachment 917026View attachment 917028View attachment 917029
Looks good Matt!

Back