• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My extremely lucky find (pics on page 3)

So i was shooting some emails to random opticians that also carry Oakley some days ago.
All of the sudden i get a response from one of them saying "I am happy to respond that we do actually have a pair of X Square Carbon / OO Black Iridium.

So I'm thinking that this is my lucky day, and as soon as I'm off work i head on over to the Store.
In there I meet the nicest old ladies you can imagine, totally understanding the whole XM obsession and goes on to tell me that shes going to utilize some of her contacts to see if they can get me some more metals.

Anyways i tell her that i want to buy the XS and(which is brand new in box, with everything right) and she tells me she's not been able to reach the manager yet so shes a bit unsure about the pricing. The original pricetag from some years ago is still on and i prepare to pay her price according to the tab.

Then she proceeds to say, well without discussing this with my manager i can't be sure i can give you a fair price for it, and I repsond "i'll take it for whatever price i can get it".
Now she does something that completely blows me away. She says"well I can't give you more than a 30% discount on original retail price since I've not been able to reach the store owner" and I'm like "I'll take it!!!"

Then as she starts to put it in the bag she asks me if i'd be interested in a box for it as well, and I'm thinking yeah sure you're gonna have a box that can actually hold X Metals, and she brings out this completely new X Metal Vault with pristine foam and not a scartch on it. This thing is like new and she said that this was sitting in a display for years but they just took it out in the end, and it's been sitting in a closet ever since. This i get for an additional 30 USD. And before I'm able to walk out of there she throws in four 2 tier metal stands and four 1 tier metal stands into the bag, and say hay why don't you take these as well. We're supposed to use these plastic ones and have no longer any use for them. "I'll give them to you for free"......

HOW......ABOUT.....THAT!!!!

I'll post some pics later when i get a chance....
Stories like this are getting more and more rare. Congrats!!

:prankster:
As I researched this it appears that this find is even more special. I just discovered that the XS carbon is the only x metals ever made with the oo bip... This just added a little something to the scale of cool...

:prankster:
As I researched this it appears that this find is even more special. I just discovered that the XS carbon is the only x metals ever made with the oo bip... This just added a little something to the scale of cool...
Not really true. The Ducati XSquared uses the regular carbon with Ducati etched BI ;)

I was the same 3 weeks ago man. Reading all these stories on how some seem to come across stuff like this regularly.

You never know.....

Latest Posts

Back