• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My eyebrows killed my radars

jdel4913

Oakley Beginner
I was doing a bit of yard work outside Sunday morning. I went to wipe my sweat off and lenses started to delaminates bad. I’m a bit disappointed guys. I was planning on getting new lenses anyway as I have never really liked black but still it’s a little disheartening. It started to come off we’re my eye brows sometimes touch the lens. Pics at the bottom. No sunscreen or anything like that. Just sweat and eyebrows.

95DF0CB0-3AE2-4030-9CA7-B1B617ED0590.jpeg

How old are they.
Im not 100 percent sure. I got them used. They are radar locks not the originals. So I’d say around 5 years maybe? Maybe less. Ive had them for a couple months but this is the most I have sweated with them lol.

Not knowing how they were treated prior to your ownership makes it difficult to say why this happened.

Not all delams occur immediately after contact with hair products and the like. In fact from my experiance it's takes a while, though for others it differs.

Not knowing how they were treated prior to your ownership makes it difficult to say why this happened.

Not all delams occur immediately after contact with hair products and the like. In fact from my experiance it's takes a while, though for others it differs.
I assume it was a heat thing mostly. The sweat+ sun+ ambient temp made it a little oven I guess. I’m buying replacement lens next week and see if anything crazy happens.

I assume it was a heat thing mostly. The sweat+ sun+ ambient temp made it a little oven I guess. I’m buying replacement lens next week and see if anything crazy happens.
The previous owner probably didn’t take care of them. If you clean them after use, the new lenses should last you a long time.

Back