• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My F&F Purchased All Gone :(

No, I think the code is fine. Sadly, this isn't the first time Oakley has done this when I've ordered online. Seems like sometimes Oakley loses track of what is actually in stock, and apparently I'm skilled at ordering exactly the items that aren't really available.
I ordered Earsocks and Lenses on my 1st purchases and a radarlock for my 2nd purchases which they said in stock so i highly doubt that

I ordered Earsocks and Lenses on my 1st purchases and a radarlock for my 2nd purchases which they said in stock so i highly doubt that
Whatever is going on, my experience, like that of the previous posters, is that the best chance to get a positive resolution of the situation is to call Customer Service (tomorrow). That's what I'll be doing!

Whatever is going on, my experience, like that of the previous posters, is that the best chance to get a positive resolution of the situation is to call Customer Service (tomorrow). That's what I'll be doing!
Do update here bro :D

I ordered a soft goggle case online from Oakley in Jan that showed as in stock on the website. After 11 days they cancelled the item. Called in and they said they had no stock, but the website still said in stock. Apparently there is some problem with their inventory system. They gave me a 20% off code for wasting my time.

On one hand, it really sucks, especially if they charged you already and leave you to wait for the refund. But in the perspective of retail, it happens outside of Oakley, too. Macy's, Nike, and Eastbay have stopped short on me; and sometimes I'll see the item appear in stock again, give it another shot, and get the same outcome. Also had it happen with retailers overseas. One of them dragged on for over a month, but I couldn't blame them because end of the day it had to do with the manufacturer failing to deliver. Honest responses from them and they promptly gave me my money back when requested.

Inventory or the online system for it needs to be handled more diligently, and I don't see the issue of pursuing compensation (coupon or whatever — it is some kind of protocol for most companies), but I personally wouldn't come off with a massively offended or entitled* tone (not saying anyone here is at that point). For all you know, it's something the company is working on, and you're probably rubbing off like you're pinning it on the CS guy alone when he only has so much control over it.

*I've observed instances where a customer thinks they deserve more off than the typical store norms/protocols for arbitrary reasons. It's honestly stupid if you ever get to that point. Also coming up with the mighty "I'll take my money elsewhere" retort isn't like you were holding a major stock share in the company (although @OakleyFrankFMJ could be the exception). CS will probably suck up to the "customer is always right" ideal, but customer is perhaps in complete denial in where they stand with the company. So quick to part with their past loyalty, yet if CS gives them their way, now they're liking the company conditionally.

I'm saying this in the context of reliably good companies, and fit Oakley in there. Had this been a dumpster pawn shop it'd be a different story.

Latest Posts

Back