• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My F&F Purchased All Gone :(

On one hand, it really sucks, especially if they charged you already and leave you to wait for the refund. But in the perspective of retail, it happens outside of Oakley, too. Macy's, Nike, and Eastbay have stopped short on me; and sometimes I'll see the item appear in stock again, give it another shot, and get the same outcome. Also had it happen with retailers overseas. One of them dragged on for over a month, but I couldn't blame them because end of the day it had to do with the manufacturer failing to deliver. Honest responses from them and they promptly gave me my money back when requested.

Inventory or the online system for it needs to be handled more diligently, and I don't see the issue of pursuing compensation (coupon or whatever — it is some kind of protocol for most companies), but I personally wouldn't come off with a massively offended or entitled* tone (not saying anyone here is at that point). For all you know, it's something the company is working on, and you're probably rubbing off like you're pinning it on the CS guy alone when he only has so much control over it.

*I've observed instances where a customer thinks they deserve more off than the typical store norms/protocols for arbitrary reasons. It's honestly stupid if you ever get to that point. Also coming up with the mighty "I'll take my money elsewhere" retort isn't like you were holding a major stock share in the company (although @OakleyFrankFMJ could be the exception). CS will probably suck up to the "customer is always right" ideal, but customer is perhaps in complete denial in where they stand with the company. So quick to part with their past loyalty, yet if CS gives them their way, now they're liking the company conditionally.

I'm saying this in the context of reliably good companies, and fit Oakley in there. Had this been a dumpster pawn shop it'd be a different story.
Now you mention it, this kinds of reminds me of a good case study that companies need to have a good supply chain setup for a better stock accountability. I'm studying supply chain management and this could probably help me in my future essay haha. I'm just a little sad not that angry i really hope that they will still honor the 30% (Praying) I've been using My Fast Jacket for 4 years and my poor little buddy deserve a new lens :cool-20::lolsign:

Definitely give CS a call. I placed my F&F order for 5 pairs on 3/21/16. The website showed 3 of them on back order expected to ship on 4/3/16. The first 2 pairs shipped right away on 3/22 and then 2 more shipped a little later on 3/22 (even though website said BO) but the final pair showed it was cancelled. I called CS and the agent immediately placed a new order with my 30% off discount. I saw the authorization hit my card today so they should ship any time now.

She didn't know why it canceled the last item instead of leaving it on BO, but thought it might be a system issue an/or necessary to release the authorization hold since they hadn't billed the full amount of my order. Honestly, she was so nice about it I didn't even have to ask about applying the discount, she just gave me the total.

@Ventruck -

Very good reply. You pretty much nailed it, sometimes the consumer has trouble separating an honest mistake, a logistical anomaly, or a manufacturing glitch from the person on the phone (or at the counter). I've seen rampant abuse at the service counter (car dealership), sometimes to the point of a customer flat-out demanding a brand new car! Doubtful that's the case here, I am relieved to read and conclude that rational behaviour and understanding are prevailing. :)

Do update here bro :D
Customer Service told me they couldn't make sense of my order's status: the cancelled items are showing a ship date of today, which implies that they have been pulled from stock and are being packed, but those same items have been showing zero stock since Monday, so there shouldn't have been any in stock to be pulled for my order.
They figured I should wait to see what my order status is after Friday, and call back on Monday if the cancelled items have not shipped.
Luckily I'm not in a hurry to receive anything ...

Customer Service told me they couldn't make sense of my order's status: the cancelled items are showing a ship date of today, which implies that they have been pulled from stock and are being packed, but those same items have been showing zero stock since Monday, so there shouldn't have been any in stock to be pulled for my order.
They figured I should wait to see what my order status is after Friday, and call back on Monday if the cancelled items have not shipped.
Maybe they'll ship it and NOT charge you? ;)

Hopefully you got a persons name ??

They seem to be having some issues with their inventory management system. I got an email from my credit card yesterday saying the Oakley transaction was charged. The item was supposed to release from BO and ship 4/6/16, so that made sense. A little while later I got an email from Oakley informing me it was still on BO and the new expected ship date was May 6th.

Then to my surprise I got an email today, with tracking number, showing it shipped and I should get it tomorrow. Happy ending, but they are definitely a bit mixed up.

Back