• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first attempt in restoring my 17 year old Juliet's

Great tip! I cleaned up a pair of XX Ti02's and a pair of plasma Juliets- both first gen- using Meguire's polishing compound. Same thing as rubbing compound but a little less abrasive.

You're welcome. Thanks for the tip as well lol. I should have used my MEGUIAR's as well. Probably 205 first and if it does not cut it, 105's. I went the most aggressive first, rubbing compound instead.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I have just sent these to Mark @ X-Man Customs and have a work order for nose bridge tightening and x-metal blast. These are the 1st gen serialized that I purchased new back in 1999.

I'm kind of hesitant of having this done and lose the original state of the glasses. Based on the condition of the frame from the pictures, would you guys just have it blasted or keep it the way it is? These are the only Juliet's I have and don't plan to purchase any more. I prefer buying new pairs and won't be able to afford NIB Juliet's, if any :). I only have the X-squared, Pit Boss I, and several Badman/Madman's among other non x-metals.

I would keep it original. In my opinion, it's one thing to change up a 2nd,3rd, sku plasma. But that bone finish is only on the first Gen plasma. I have a sku plasma that's already been tuned by Xman I will trade with you if you want to blast it that bad

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would keep it original. In my opinion, it's one thing to change up a 2nd,3rd, sku plasma. But that bone finish is only on the first Gen plasma. I have a sku plasma that's already been tuned by Xman I will trade with you if you want to blast it that bad

Hmmmm. Thanks for your reply. Makes total sense. I may still have time to think about it. Tracked down the package and it was delivered today, Saturday. Hopefully Mark contacts me and shares his opinion with me. Does he usually do this?

As for the lenses I have, I have the original fire from 99, new ice and ruby iridium. I really love how the x-metal and ruby looks!

Talk to me! I've got a Bone finish 1st gen as well, and I'll looking for and XM. Let me know!

Just purchased my second Juliet's (Carbon) from the forum. I'm now really having second thoughts of having my plasma Juliet's refinished. I sent Mark and asked for his opinion about the condition of my frame and if I should have it blasted or not? Keep the serial number maybe?

Just purchased my second Juliet's (Carbon) from the forum. I'm now really having second thoughts of having my plasma Juliet's refinished. I sent Mark and asked for his opinion about the condition of my frame and if I should have it blasted or not? Keep the serial number maybe?
I'm gonna go with the forum and say no. 1st gen plasma are the only ones with the bone style finish, it even makes the frame look white sometimes. These are very limited and I'm betting someone in here will totally be willing to trade with you for a Xm finish Juliet. Post a trade thread on the exchange area, someone will contact you.

This is what I mean for 1st gen plasma vs later gens:

IMG_2721.JPG

You can see how the 1st gen has that boney look, rough finish and whiter color, while the 4th gen is much cleaner and slick in design, color is more metallic and the surface is smooth.

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

If I were to refinish one I'd go with the 4th gen. 1st gen is too limited to go and respray it when its condition is still pretty good. As I said before I'd try to trade it, and if that doesn't work, then I'd sell it and then buy an XM finish. At least thats what I think

Thanks again all for your input. Just received the finished product. I must say. No regrets!!!!

It's like receiving a brand new pair of juliets to include the look and feel. I kinda got sick of the bone plasma look after 17 years of ownership!! I love them even more now!

6CCF37BC-B67E-4748-BEDF-64792E91C609_zps3ntkxrai.jpg

21AFE1F6-11E6-4C6A-9B7C-C5D87EB15998_zpscmhyfk7w.jpg

Attachments

• 6CCF37BC-B67E-4748-BEDF-64792E91C609_zps3ntkxrai.jpg
    6CCF37BC-B67E-4748-BEDF-64792E91C609_zps3ntkxrai.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 21AFE1F6-11E6-4C6A-9B7C-C5D87EB15998_zpscmhyfk7w.jpg
    21AFE1F6-11E6-4C6A-9B7C-C5D87EB15998_zpscmhyfk7w.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 165

Latest Posts

Back