• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Cerakote

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
I just did my first Cerakote today on a pair of Hijinx, these started as Brown Tortoise with Bronze Lenses. The color is Burnt Bronze with Copper Icons. I also ordered the camo bags to go with it. For my first time i didnt do to bad, i learned a few things for next time.

LK34i68.jpg

BqHRRz2.jpg

xEjhYza.jpg

I have a few minor blemishes on them but it doesn't look like anything major. I did manage getting a small scratch on one of the icons but that also wouldn't show up Nothing i could get to show up in a photo.

wow! freaking awesome. what little things did you learn? did you prep the frames with sanding or no?

wow! freaking awesome. what little things did you learn? did you prep the frames with sanding or no?
Well first off that it goes on way wetter than i would had thought. for sanding I used a micro sandblaster(Air eraser) its pretty much an air brush with a sandblasting attachment. Its good if you do not have access to a full blown sandblaster. I live in an apartment and cant have something like that here. It main use is models ect but work decent on glasses.

Nice job. They looked like they turned out really nice. Crazy question, did you spray them in your apartment building??