• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Oakley Watch

Gotcha. What did you think of the MM?
Nice chunky piece of metal. I wish the face was bigger, but it is fine as is. If I had the cash, I'd be all over the Hollow Point, first.

Also, I forgot about the 12 Gauge... Classy piece.

Sent from a telephone.

Nice chunky piece of metal. I wish the face was bigger, but it is fine as is. If I had the cash, I'd be all over the Hollow Point, first.

Also, I forgot about the 12 Gauge... Classy piece.

Sent from a telephone.
Why do you prefer the HP over the MM? I wish these watches were still a available in stores so I could actually see one in person before spending stupid money on something I've only seen pictures of. Had I had the opportunity to see the HP and MM side by side I may have chosen then MM.

Why do you prefer the HP over the MM? I wish these watches were still a available in stores so I could actually see one in person before spending stupid money on something I've only seen pictures of. Had I had the opportunity to see the HP and MM side by side I may have chosen then MM.
I'm just a sucker of large hefty watches. The Hollow Point just looks cooler to me. Also, it is larger than the MM. I realize that's an elementary answer, but that's the best I have lol

I am also sad that the watch line is going away. I just wish the obnoxious prices would have taken a tumble with it. Damn yall collectors lol

Sent from a telephone.

I'm just a sucker of large hefty watches. The Hollow Point just looks cooler to me. Also, it is larger than the MM. I realize that's an elementary answer, but that's the best I have lol

I am also sad that the watch line is going away. I just wish the obnoxious prices would have taken a tumble with it. Damn yall collectors lol

Sent from a telephone.

No that's a fine answer! The HP is definatley a huge chunk of meaty metal lol.

When the Oakley watches were for sale in stores and via online stores were people paying msrp or were the prices similar as to what they are now?

No that's a fine answer! The HP is definatley a huge chunk of meaty metal lol.

When the Oakley watches were for sale in stores and via online stores were people paying msrp or were the prices similar as to what they are now?
I'll let the watch retail folks chime in. Before the markdowns, I rarely seen anyone near the watches at the stores I went to.

Sent from a telephone.

Why do you prefer the HP over the MM?

I have both and though MM certainly has its merits IMO HP is better. It's really just an aesthetics thing because they both have the exact same movement / functions. Want some side-by-side pics?

Outside of employee discounts and any special promotions (like F&F), the suckers paid MSRP.

I have both and though MM certainly has its merits IMO HP is better. It's really just an aesthetics thing because they both have the exact same movement / functions. Want some side-by-side pics?
Yes, please.

Outside of employee discounts and any special promotions (like F&F), the suckers paid MSRP.
Whew! I am happy at my bargain.

Side by side pictures would be great! Thanks!

Wow! So people were paying $1500 for the MM and $1950 for the HP when they were for sale in stores? I'm kinda surprised they have dropped to $800ish for the MM and $1000ish for the HP new and they are discontinued. I guess what I'm saying is I'm surprised that prices have gone down from msrp rather than up. Most of the x-metals are now way higher than msrp after being discontinued.

Wow! So people were paying $1500 for the MM and $1950 for the HP when they were for sale in stores? I'm kinda surprised they have dropped to $800ish for the MM and $1000ish for the HP new and they are discontinued. I guess what I'm saying is I'm surprised that prices have gone down from msrp rather than up. Most of the x-metals are now way higher than msrp after being discontinued.

This thread may be of interest, then:

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

HP & MM...

20160501_221512.jpg

20160501_221522.jpg

20160501_221538.jpg

HP & 12 Gauge...

20160501_221657.jpg

20160501_221714.jpg

20160501_221723.jpg

Back