• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first pair: Flak Jacket 2.0 XL

Stealth

Oakley Beginner
Everything seems to be authentic, but you guys are the experts so if something seems off let me know. Bought used Flak Jacket 2.0 XL's with the original Sapphire Prizm lenses and it also came with an unused pair of Deep Water Prizm Polarized lenses. I seen a lot of talk elsewhere that the DWPP lenses were great for everyday lenses so I really wanted to get glasses with those ones. Sadly Frogskins and Frogskins Lite do not have those lens option and those are the ones I really liked. I did a virtual try on of the Flak Jackets and ended up really liking these too though. The Sapphire Prizm lenses actually have some pretty bad scratching and some scrapes that I could not see in pictures, but you can't really tell when looking through them. Also turns out I actually like them a lot more than the Deep Water lenses. They make colors pop a lot more like trees and grass and things like Detour signs and traffic cones look like a completely different orange and it is great. The Deep Water lenses I noticed I would get a little glare on the lenses in some situations, maybe from being polarized? I don't know I only wore each lenses for a bit. Deep Water also seemed to only make everything look a little better where as Sapphire had a more noticeable effect.
PXL_20230528_132508788.jpg
PXL_20230528_132524631.jpg
PXL_20230528_132539293.MP.jpg

Everything seems to be authentic, but you guys are the experts so if something seems off let me know. Bought used Flak Jacket 2.0 XL's with the original Sapphire Prizm lenses and it also came with an unused pair of Deep Water Prizm Polarized lenses. I seen a lot of talk elsewhere that the DWPP lenses were great for everyday lenses so I really wanted to get glasses with those ones. Sadly Frogskins and Frogskins Lite do not have those lens option and those are the ones I really liked. I did a virtual try on of the Flak Jackets and ended up really liking these too though. The Sapphire Prizm lenses actually have some pretty bad scratching and some scrapes that I could not see in pictures, but you can't really tell when looking through them. Also turns out I actually like them a lot more than the Deep Water lenses. They make colors pop a lot more like trees and grass and things like Detour signs and traffic cones look like a completely different orange and it is great. The Deep Water lenses I noticed I would get a little glare on the lenses in some situations, maybe from being polarized? I don't know I only wore each lenses for a bit. Deep Water also seemed to only make everything look a little better where as Sapphire had a more noticeable effect.View attachment 1058210View attachment 1058211View attachment 1058212
Everything looks legit from what I can see, congrats! If you’re looking for a replacement set of Prizm Sapphire lenses, might be worth sticking around here so you can access the exchange. There is a seller here who frequently has Flak 2.0 XL lenses for sale for cheap (@Ebayreseller)

Everything looks legit from what I can see, congrats! If you’re looking for a replacement set of Prizm Sapphire lenses, might be worth sticking around here so you can access the exchange. There is a seller here who frequently has Flak 2.0 XL lenses for sale for cheap (@Ebayreseller)
Yeah I have to have so many posts and so many days to be able to fully access the exchange which I definitely want to do. Especially if I can buy more lenses for cheap or maybe even another pair of Oakleys!

Back