• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Pair Of Oakley X-Metal..XX!!

hansac78

Oakley Beginner
Got these in the mail today, XX044856. The lenses are scratched but have already ordered some replacements from Oakley. Will also need to find some smaller temple shocks, 25 installed. Overall happy on my first pick-up!!

OakleyXMetalXX1.jpg

Congrats!!! Very nice pair! Be VERY careful of the nosepads!!! They're Ultra-Rare.....

Congrats. I understand the overpaying. I've been trying for this colorway for awhile, think I'll have to overpay to get them too.

At least you started with XX. You only need 3 more to complete the set. :cool:

to get this colorway i had to buy a beater and rebuild from scratch haha. you may only need 3 for the set, but think - the other pairs are TiO2, 24k, and Plasma. As if the first 2 in that list arent rare enough, try finding a mint plasma today. haha!

ive given up and content with my xmetal

Yeah...not sure if I'll complete the set. The only way is if I come across a good deal. I would like to pick-up a pair of Ti02 though! I saw some for sale here for $350 but couldn't make myself to pull the trigger!

$350 is actually a VERY reasonable price at this stage in the game. I've been lucky enough to get all four of mine and paid less than that for a couple of them and the other two through trades.

Funny thing is i actually worked somewhat backwards. I got my Plasma/Ice first, 24K next, then TiO2, and lastly X-Metal.

6801099634_87440bb41f_b.jpg

/shameless photo plug

Congrats on your first pair of XX!

Very nice! congrats! I still need the 24k and plasma since I traded the 24k's awhile back.... should have kept them... of well, the day will come...

Dyeraudio mentioned this to me and I've read in some other threads that if I call HQ they will send me some temple shocks and ear socks for free. Is that correct?