• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first pair of X-Metal

InfamousOak

Oakley Expert
I started buying Oakley's a few moths ago and I honestly had not heard of x-metals till I joined the forum. Finally I decided to get me a x-metal. After doing a little research and asking @kronin323 some questions I went ahead and picked this pair up. Carbon frame/Ruby lenses. The lenses have some scratches but the frames are in great condition. I will be sending them out to @THE X-MAN for some work when I decide on what new lens I am going with.

IMAG0060_zpsb845055b.jpg

IMAG0059_zps9571b95b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome pick up man! What was your first thought upon opening these up? It's been so long since I first handled a x metal I don't remember the initial impressions. But even now I still get a little excited when a new x metal finds its way into my possession :)

Awesome pick up man! What was your first thought upon opening these up? It's been so long since I first handled a x metal I don't remember the initial impressions. But even now I still get a little excited when a new x metal finds its way into my possession :)

To tell you the truth first thing I thought was how solid and well made they felt.

Well though it appears you need replacement lenses, now that you actually have them, are you sure they need a tune-up right off the bat? My threshold is when they keep sliding from the top of my head when I go indoors...

They are a little floppy at the nose bridge, so if I have them on and shake my head a little they slide down my nose some.