• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First X Metal Pick Up

RioSix

Oakley Beginner
Germany
Hey there fellow O-Addicts,

a few weeks ago I managed to get hold of a Juliet on eBay. It was the first X Metal purchase I made. At this time I didn't really know about different frames and lenses, I just noticed how nice the model itself was.

If I am not mistaken it is a Plasma frame with Emerald lenses. There is no serial and it only came with a X Metal Vault and nothing else. First thing I switched all the rubber so they would feel like new. And they do, with the exception of a slightly wobbeling nose piece. But it's wearable, and that's what I bought it for.

dclp-j-1f0e.jpg

dclp-k-98f1.jpg

Of course this piece got me in trouble... the fever is burning, and soon I was looking for a darker frame with a red lense. Unfortunaetly I didn't win any of the eBay auctions with a price I wanted to pay, so I just orderd a pair of new Ruby lenses from Oakley. They arrived yesterday and here is what fuels my emotions today:

dclp-l-3c59.jpg

dclp-m-b6d7.jpg

Of course, today's weather is nothing but rain. What else did I expect? :(

I'm happy with my purchase and looking forward to a bright sunny day. :cool:

That pair looks great with both of those lenses. You are in for a long journey when it comes to x metals lol.

Here goes the metal attraction... hehehe... check the oakley penny. Theres a lot in ebay at a good price... foor me, they are my favorites of all the x metals...

Back