• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First X-Metal

Very nice! They do grow on you...
One thing that surprised me when I got these was the color. I always thought Plasma was like a dull silver finish. These have a brown, almost copper hue to them. Age?
Yes, some generations of plasma can age differently. My plasma R2 has a different look than my plasma Juliet (4th gen).
image.jpg

First x-metal was a pair of Juliet plasma/emerald iridium. They are on the second set of lenses as the first set saved my eye from a head first crash of a bicycle onto pavement. The frames have a scratch and nothing else from the impact! X-metal customer for life.

Always figured I had to have at least one metal in my collection and when I met up with Dyeraudio a couple of weeks ago, I guess he inspired me to finally get a pair...

One thing that surprised me when I got these was the color. I always thought Plasma was like a dull silver finish. These have a brown, almost copper hue to them. Age?
The early plasmas are a dull whitish-silver, they get increasingly shiny later on until they look like stainless steel, more or less. Unusual to see one quite as thoroughly patinated as this. Which gen is it from?

The early plasmas are a dull whitish-silver, they get increasingly shiny later on until they look like stainless steel, more or less. Unusual to see one quite as thoroughly patinated as this. Which gen is it from?
It's a second gen. I'm on the fence as to whether I should have them refinished because the copper patina has a cool look to it and works real nicely with the emerald lenses. Of course it's up to personal preference, but I have to wonder if most people who have a frame that has "changed color" over time, leave it as is, or have it redone ...

Latest Posts

Back