• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Hunt Continues....

Are those all yours? I see .45 and 7.62 for sure, then the other 4 could be anything in between 5.56, 9mm, and .45[/QUOTE

A bit confused....I already am....As far as I'm aware there are two 5.56s, one which looks kind of a mix between 9mm and 45mm and finally one 9mm. Do you see why I was asking the question in the first place. The reason I didn't include the other two was because you got them straight away : 45mm and 7.62mm.

.45 is an English measurement, not metric ;)

The two on the far right appear to be the same, and the near center and near left look to be the same frame finish. With O-Review's FMJ 9mm picture being a different style than the rest it's a bit hard to compare them. You may have two 5.56 and two 9mm.

The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing
9mm is different than 5.56 - I believe Rick has it right, it's the duller grey, and Lex had 5.56 and .45 mixed up is all, but 9mm is between the two.

5.56 is described as being bright silver, closer to white.

.45 is an English measurement, not metric ;)

The two on the far right appear to be the same, and the near center and near left look to be the same frame finish. With O-Review's FMJ 9mm picture being a different style than the rest it's a bit hard to compare them. You may have two 5.56 and two 9mm.

9mm is different than 5.56 - I believe Rick has it right, it's the duller grey, and Lex had 5.56 and .45 mixed up is all, but 9mm is between the two.

5.56 is described as being bright silver, closer to white.

Feel like I've had my knuckles 'rapped' by the Teacher......sorry Sir...lol Well spotted there Rust .45 not 45mm!

That's pretty much my conclusion. Two 5.56 but they vary in tone, with one having a slightly more yellow tint, almost like a nicotine stain. Then there's the 9mm which has an ever darker appearance and more resembles the .45, but I'm dead sure it's not a .45.

This problem seems to exist with the early FMJs, difference in tone and hence the problem in identifying colourways!

Here you go, had a few things shuffling around and my ammo was out so I decided to snap a quick picture.

9x19mm (9mm Luger/Parabellem), .45ACP, 5.56x45mm (5.56 NATO), 7.62x39mm. This 5.56 is actually a factory dummy load, so the case has those crimps along the body.

87C1380B-5DD8-44AF-BA2C-6E64B64B40F9-4731-000005AB83EACFDC.jpg

Latest Posts

Back