• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Journey for a triplewide (pictures added)

First off I would like to thank @Steven Goldberg from the bottom of my heart, if it was not for him this would have never happened. Steven went and picked it up and stored it in his garage for me and sold me a few more pieces that I’ve always wanted.

I flew out Tuesday night from Denver, CO at midnight and landed in Orlando, FL at 06 in the morning, I had rented a 15 passenger van which I had to remove the seats but still store them in the van, in my opinion was the worst mistake and would not recommend it to anyone.

View attachment 460944

I traveled to Steve’s house, unfortunely he was out of town so couldn’t help load the van, I really would have liked to have met him in person. Instead I met is fiancé and she opened the garage so I could load the stuff up.

View attachment 460949

I was able to take out all the shelves and 4 mirrors which were on the inside laying against the plexi glass on the sides of the tower, then loaded the van,

View attachment 460952 View attachment 460953

I traveled 2 days around 1600 miles to get home to get back before Friday to go on a job (which got pushed luckily until Monday, but I didn’t find out until Thursday which was no help since I had only a few hours left to drive when I was informed). In the end I think it would have been better to ship everything through a moving service, Due to the seats scratched the doors in a couple spots :(, so I’ll have to sand those out.

Here it is in its final resting place for now
Until I get time to work on it

View attachment 460956

View attachment 460957 View attachment 460958

I also picked up a few small items from Steven

View attachment 460960

Hope you enjoyed my journey

Thanks

Great pickups. There are truly some amazing people here in this community/family of Oakley fanatics.

Sent from nowhere special

This is what I'm talking about. None of this I have to work, I have to walk the dog, where are the kids gonna sit, I have to pick up my wife from getting a mani pedi BS. You get on a plane or whatever it takes and you strap it all to the roof of a smart car and haul it home.

Pffffft. Commitments!

That’s a great case!

Always worth a good drive for.

How heavy was the beast?

We struggled with my single wide :)

To my surprise It was actually pretty light after taking the shelves and mirrors out to move around and putting In the van it slid right in, getting out was not to much trouble either but I did have help lol

To my surprise It was actually pretty light after taking the shelves and mirrors out to move around and putting In the van it slid right in, getting out was not to much trouble either but I did have help lol
I rented an extended cab cube van. 6 ft tall inside or lying down between the wheel wells. Tie down straps and some blankets. No seats to worry about.

Back